Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

What camera do you have?

Discussion in 'Video Editing, Recording, Software & Hardware' started by TripleThreat, Sep 1, 2017.

1. TripleThreat
    Cash:
    $21
    So just recently our channel was looking for a much better camera to use. We had decent quality but just wanted something so good that people would have to subscribe or keep watching us. We ended up going with the Canon SX730 HS and I just wanted to see if any body knew good reviews on them or exactly how good it was.

ALSO, If you Vlog or make videos with a camera please tell me what type of camera you have so I can watch your videos to see how good the quality is and maybe we can invest into something better in the future. We could possibly even collab, which I think could really help us out.

2. Xynudu
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $368
    I use a Nikon L820. Check my channel for video quality.

Brand name is personal choice. I used Canon before I got the Nikon,which was best in my price range of $215.

OK this is no longer a current model, but Nikon have updated versions.

The main things I like apart from excellent optics and no hiss sound (like the Canon had) are ease of use switching between macro and normal, separate video button, easy light compensation, great zoom, and it runs on AAs (easily swapped over) and has huge battery life.

There's no frigging around going through multiple menu items for any of the above.

It's a great camera for the money, as reviews show.

Cheers Rob

3. scott faulknor
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $74
    I use a GoPro Hero 4. Id like to get another camera, not sure what though

4. S.A.D
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $14
    i use a nikon 5200 d. its a few years old, and out of production, but ont let that fool you, got it for a deal of a french supplyer of all people.

5. Lasersgo
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $24
    I have the canon sx730 and love it so far.

6. BamaGuyRTR
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $49
    I'm either using my iPhone 6s+ camera or a Canon 70D. I'm looking to upgrade to the Canon 80D but I'm not sure yet. BTW, I could care less about 4k. I don't have anything that is made to look at 4k videos and I really can't tell the difference.

FRANKIEandEMILY likes this.
  7. FRANKIEandEMILY
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $24
    Honestly, we just use our iPhones and up the settings to 1080p60fps or 4K. Front facing camera will have a little bit lower quality than rear, but it's great/very easy and convenient for vlogging at the moment. We could use a gimbal for it though.

For our stationary challenge/reaction videos we use a big Sony HXR
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 2, 2017, Original Post Date: Sep 2, 2017 ---
    We do the same thing! We are about to buy the 70D though. Same thoughts about 4K, especially with the huge file sizes. I do like our drone footage in 4K, but it's a beast to work with and I'm still figuring it out

BamaGuyRTR likes this.
  8. BamaGuyRTR
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $49
    Why bother getting the 70D? Just get the 80D and you can do more. Has more cross-type focus points for better auto focusing. I think you can do more with the Canon app on the 80D too.

9. KatyAdelson
    I Love YTtalk Moderator
    Cash:
    $3,855
    I moved this to the video recording / hardware discussion forum. ^^

I use the Canon 70D, and the Sony RX100V. Both are really good (but expensive) cameras! :)

MickyLee likes this.
  10. MickyLee
    Cash:
    $14
    I use a Canon G7X which is really popular for YouTubers. It's amazing quality and it has a few good settings that you can play around with. I am looking to get a Canon 70D though.