what camera/camcorders do you use ?

K.V Anime

Nerds With Passports
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Canon T2i User as well. I'm probably going to upgrade to the T4i before the year is out.

DylanAndSkyler

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
We use a Canon T2i, it does a great job! Full 1080p, lots of frame rates to choose from and great manual controls. We're hoping to buy other equipment soon to help boost production quality, like external mic and more lighting gear.

utubenoob

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use various cameras for different situations.

In more challenging filming environments or situations where discretion is needed, I would film with something smaller and which is primarily a still photo camera (but with video capabilities): Casio Exilim EX-ZR100

For more controlled environments and where discretion is not needed for filming, I would use a dedicated camcorder: Canon HF R206.

And for really controlled environments like at home and when I can slowly adjust the focus without worrying about the subject moving away and losing the shot, I would use a DSLR for the best quality shots: Canon EOS 600D with a kit lens. Maybe I will buy a prime lens at some point to play around with.

ViciousCritic

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I use a Canon Vixia HF R20. I really like it, even though it never leaves my 'studio'.

Jack Porter

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Designer
I use a Cannon 550D with Magic Lantern. I use three different lens, these been the standard kit lens (18-55mm, F3.5-22) 50mm (F1.8) and a 28-105mm (F4.5-28). For audio I use a Rode VideoMic plugged into the camera.

John The Dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I would suggest looking at a DSLR, something like the Canon 600D. You get all the userbillity of a pro video camera for a fraction of the price

Hardisk

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Dude, this is 2012, as everyone said, we are in an era dominated by DSLR, whatever you do, buy a DSLR.

I shoot everything on my Canon T3i, whatever camera you have , toggle on manual mode for everything (yes, even focus) and learn the basics of photography with Shutter speed / Aperture / ISO , it will make your videos look 3x times better with minimal efforts. Automatic settings are never really good.

Reactions: John The Dad

RippedNerds

Check out our channel, you won't regret it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I am just wondering what camera/camcorders you guys use to record your vids with ?
I use a fuji bridge camera and its not the best at filming as there is loads of background noise and bad picture quality! I am thinking of buying a camcorder to film with to improve image and audio quality on my videos and would like some advise on what to use to film my youtube videos with!
I would appreciate it if you tell me what you guys use :)
I have a fuji bridge to, and yes the video is awful aha. I use a kodak playsport zx3 which cost me £35 on ebay and its 10 times better and 10 times cheaper.

joe linnecor

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I have a fuji bridge to, and yes the video is awful aha. I use a kodak playsport zx3 which cost me £35 on ebay and its 10 times better and 10 times cheaper.
thank you so much man !!
just watched a few of your videos and the camera quality and sound is 10x better like you said , im deffo investing in one of those !!
ps loving the channel and your vids . i have subbed to you , any chance of a sub back ?