What are your catchphrases?

Do you think repetitive phrases build engagement?

• Absolutely, or even just a little bit.

Votes: 37 97.4%
  • Nope.

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

ShaunteSymone

Explore, grow, and be kind.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Other
Hi guys! I've recently decided on a catchphrase for my channel (explore, grow, and be kind). Having one apparently builds engagement as it sort of becomes part of your brand after repetition. So! I want to know what your catchphrases or one liners are? They don't even have to be a brand tag, they could just be things you say a lot in your videos!

Reactions: CMTXRATED

Talooka

Weirdo With a Beardo
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Other
I start my videos with "What it do!" And my videos end with "Subscribe, comment, and all that other stuff...cow"

Yeah, you'd have to see it to get it lol

Reactions: ShaunteSymone

ShaunteSymone

Reaction score
Channel Type
I start my videos with "What it do!" And my videos end with "Subscribe, comment, and all that other stuff...cow"

Yeah, you'd have to see it to get it lol
Very interesting haha. I'm sure that last bit sets you apart for sure.

Reactions: Talooka

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Provided they're not incessant, they can certainly be memorable in the best way! I'd say I technically have one, aha.

My videos all tend to end with this:

"I hope you learned a thing or two, and if you'd like to learn a third, leave your thoughts in the comments below. But in the meantime, I have been DSM and you guys have been fabulous as always and I will see you next time. Ta-ra!"

weeeben

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
At the end of my video's I say "keep scrapping, have fun and i'll catch you next time"

Have to admit I really don't like video's ending with the old "like, subscribe, donate" thing.

I made a point of never asking for anyone to subscribe and especially like, it just seems like a rude thing to do.

I think people are intelligent enough to know there's a like button and a subscribe button, it's a bit like begging to be liked and I would never subscribe if I was asked to do so.

The ultimate worst is intro video's that bang on about subscribing, I get out of there quick smart as it's like their purpose is only to get subscribers.

Reactions: Rando

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think people are intelligent enough to know there's a like button and a subscribe button
your making the mistake of thinking people are inteligent :)

seriously though. you really should ask for people to like and subscribe. its called a call to action and is hugely important

its bot begging. you can say something like "if you enjoyed the video, hit that like button, and subscribe for more good stuff" a very rare person might be like you and not subscribe because someone suggested it to you (bizarre btw) i have even gone as far as explaing why likes are important because i know my subscribers want me to grow and succeed so if they knew it helps others find my channel they will be more willing to do so.

sorry for the thread hijack, only catchphrase i have is i start my video with "greetings and salutations" because, well i am english :)

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
no not really, i usually start with iMSAiyan whats up guys blah blah and end it with see you guys later. ahah

weeeben

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
i have even gone as far as explaing why likes are important because i know my subscribers want me to grow and succeed so if they knew it helps others find my channel they will be more willing to do so.
why is a like important? it has nothing to do with anything, no-one see the likes or dislikes until they open the video, just because someone clicks subscribe doesn't mean they will be back.
btw, greetings & salutations is annoying, especially in a high pitched english accent, same as an aussie accent, just doesn't work, Canadians say it best.

ShaunteSymone

Reaction score
Channel Type
Provided they're not incessant, they can certainly be memorable in the best way! I'd say I technically have one, aha.

My videos all tend to end with this:

"I hope you learned a thing or two, and if you'd like to learn a third, leave your thoughts in the comments below. But in the meantime, I have been DSM and you guys have been fabulous as always and I will see you next time. Ta-ra!"
I like how you mentioned that they can be memorable! I think that's important, especially when delving into the "brand" aspect of your channel!
At the end of my video's I say "keep scrapping, have fun and i'll catch you next time"

Have to admit I really don't like video's ending with the old "like, subscribe, donate" thing.

I made a point of never asking for anyone to subscribe and especially like, it just seems like a rude thing to do.

I think people are intelligent enough to know there's a like button and a subscribe button, it's a bit like begging to be liked and I would never subscribe if I was asked to do so.

The ultimate worst is intro video's that bang on about subscribing, I get out of there quick smart as it's like their purpose is only to get subscribers.
Ah, I totally get what you mean when people go on and on about subscribing, however, I must respectfully disagree with you on the whole asking for likes, subscribes, etc. I used to be in the same boat as you and I just found it too pushy, but now I really use my likes to gauge the type of content that my subscribers enjoy watching the most. Of course I am going to post what I want, but getting feedback let's me know when I should post more of something, ya know? I get what you mean though!

your making the mistake of thinking people are inteligent :)

seriously though. you really should ask for people to like and subscribe. its called a call to action and is hugely important

its bot begging. you can say something like "if you enjoyed the video, hit that like button, and subscribe for more good stuff" a very rare person might be like you and not subscribe because someone suggested it to you (bizarre btw) i have even gone as far as explaing why likes are important because i know my subscribers want me to grow and succeed so if they knew it helps others find my channel they will be more willing to do so.

sorry for the thread hijack, only catchphrase i have is i start my video with "greetings and salutations" because, well i am english :)
No worries on the hijack! But! I've actually seen somewhwre around the Internet that calls to action in a video do ACTUALLY get more people to act! I think as simple as it is to think "hey I like this content, let me actually like it" sometimes you need reinforcement.

no not really, i usually start with iMSAiyan whats up guys blah blah and end it with see you guys later. ahah
Is that an "I'm saying" pun or am I just making things up? Haha.

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I like how you mentioned that they can be memorable! I think that's important, especially when delving into the "brand" aspect of your channel!

Ah, I totally get what you mean when people go on and on about subscribing, however, I must respectfully disagree with you on the whole asking for likes, subscribes, etc. I used to be in the same boat as you and I just found it too pushy, but now I really use my likes to gauge the type of content that my subscribers enjoy watching the most. Of course I am going to post what I want, but getting feedback let's me know when I should post more of something, ya know? I get what you mean though!

No worries on the hijack! But! I've actually seen somewhwre around the Internet that calls to action in a video do ACTUALLY get more people to act! I think as simple as it is to think "hey I like this content, let me actually like it" sometimes you need reinforcement.

Is that an "I'm saying" pun or am I just making things up? Haha.
Haha well my channel name is "iMSaiyan" so it goes with it :D

Reactions: ShaunteSymone