What are your biggest problems on YouTube?

DIY Reid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
I gave up on the SOE's and just do my best and try to spot out my own flaws and do my best to stay consistent. And honestly I try to utilize my flaws too, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but If I can rewatch my self that means someone will enjoy it in some type of way. Its a slow increase but F it I'm having fun lol.
I watch quite a few large youtubers that mess up in their videos and roll with it and it rolls fairly well. We are all human and this is not some big picture movie.

Reactions: Fost

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
I don't believe it with some seems either too written or too edited down, or even worst they pretending to have fun.

Cabbitude

Reaction score
Website
www.cabbitudegaming.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
My two biggest problems are:

1) Getting noticed - I never know where or how I can promote my channel and it's really frustrating. I tend to mostly stick with Twitter these days and have a youtube page and tumblr page on autopilot because those haven't really helped me much at all. People say Reddit but on ALL of the Reddit pages I've tried, even on 'self promotion day' in a couple, my post has been removed. It's really frustrating. I can't even put my website on google ads because google ads insists that there isn't enough content which, imho, is ridiculous.

They say that all you have to do to get noticed is release regular content that's well done and on a reasonable schedule (with keywords) and you'll take off in no time... I've been doing that for over a year and I'm still struggling to hit 300 subs.

2) Getting written off the second I say I'm a gaming youtuber. The channel's so much more than that. I focus heavily on games that tell amazing stories, no matter their genre. They can be classified as an FPS or even a platformer, as long as the story promises to be a good one it goes on the channel. PLUS I've always done my best to promote an open and positive atmosphere for my little community. I've even started releasing vlogs every saturday to tell more of my own story, let folks get to know me a little better, and maybe help people understand issues around chronic illness, gender identity, autism, and other such stuff. But still I get caught up in the sea of children who play fortnight and flood the website with 3 minute clips of them going all 360 Noscope on noobs and whatnot. There are people out there like me who appreciate well told stories in video games, I know they exist... but getting their notice feels like hoping to be found as the needle in a haystack, you know?

Beyond those two - SEOs baffle me. I tried my best with that and I'm still not altogether sure how to work those things properly.... and why is there no ability to copy and paste keywords in the new uploader? I have carpal tunnel and arthritis, dang nabbit, I can't sit here and type out all the keywords on every single video. If it wasn't for Tubebuddy and its list ability for keywords I'd be in wrist braces 24/7

Reactions: Fost

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
My two biggest problems are:

1) Getting noticed - I never know where or how I can promote my channel and it's really frustrating. I tend to mostly stick with Twitter these days and have a youtube page and tumblr page on autopilot because those haven't really helped me much at all. People say Reddit but on ALL of the Reddit pages I've tried, even on 'self promotion day' in a couple, my post has been removed. It's really frustrating. I can't even put my website on google ads because google ads insists that there isn't enough content which, imho, is ridiculous.

They say that all you have to do to get noticed is release regular content that's well done and on a reasonable schedule (with keywords) and you'll take off in no time... I've been doing that for over a year and I'm still struggling to hit 300 subs.

2) Getting written off the second I say I'm a gaming youtuber. The channel's so much more than that. I focus heavily on games that tell amazing stories, no matter their genre. They can be classified as an FPS or even a platformer, as long as the story promises to be a good one it goes on the channel. PLUS I've always done my best to promote an open and positive atmosphere for my little community. I've even started releasing vlogs every saturday to tell more of my own story, let folks get to know me a little better, and maybe help people understand issues around chronic illness, gender identity, autism, and other such stuff. But still I get caught up in the sea of children who play fortnight and flood the website with 3 minute clips of them going all 360 Noscope on noobs and whatnot. There are people out there like me who appreciate well told stories in video games, I know they exist... but getting their notice feels like hoping to be found as the needle in a haystack, you know?

Beyond those two - SEOs baffle me. I tried my best with that and I'm still not altogether sure how to work those things properly.... and why is there no ability to copy and paste keywords in the new uploader? I have carpal tunnel and arthritis, dang nabbit, I can't sit here and type out all the keywords on every single video. If it wasn't for Tubebuddy and its list ability for keywords I'd be in wrist braces 24/7
Cabbitude i'm a small channel sitting at 117 subs, but if you want to hear me out on my advice its this, to just keep pushing and improving. February I was stuck at 70 subs, I lost the most subs ever at that point so I was on somewhat of a decline but by the end of the month I hit 100. Its tough but just remember to have fun, do it for the you and your supporters and keep doing what you doing as far as networking your content(Thats dope you got a website by the way).

Reactions: Cabbitude

latenite

Reaction score
What's the best way to make tag ? or video tittle ? its hard to me to take my video get listed on youtube search.

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
@latenite I used a tag generator. Video Titles I try to make them have to do with what that episode is particularly about

Leo Hashee

The Asian dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I think my biggest problem is getting my stuff out there. I have no idea how SEO and all that stuff works, and I don't get too many views :(

DIY Reid

Reaction score
Channel Type
I think my biggest problem is getting my stuff out there. I have no idea how SEO and all that stuff works, and I don't get too many views :(
I use tube buddy and vidiq to look at similar videos of mine to see what they used for tags.

Reactions: Leo Hashee

DIY Reid

Reaction score
Channel Type
ooo I have tubebuddy, i should try to utilize it more
Yes, yes you should. The free version will also help you with I think 3 tags too.