What are your biggest problems on YouTube?

ApexTV

ApexTV Makes Top 10 Videos!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone at YTTalk, ApexTV here! We run a channel with over 1 million subscribers and want to help other creators in this community grow their channels as well.

I was wondering, what are the biggest problems you face when it comes to YouTube? Is it anything specific?

I'm genuinely curious and just wanted to get a feel for what people are needing help with when it comes to their YouTube channels.

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
They don't give good enough warnings, they almost striked me for a review, I luckily one that case though[DOUBLEPOST=1551676467,1551676028][/DOUBLEPOST]And then the increase of trend hopping

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Consistently and frequently releasing content when it takes hours upon hours to make is my biggest issue with YouTube atm. :eek: I think a lot of people who make a lot of time-consuming content (especially very detailed animators...) are getting frustrated with the algorithm shift that happened around 2015 / 2016 or so. It seems to now prefer more frequent content/daily vlogs/etc...

I think it's more of a problem with what kind of content I make rather than something to do with YouTube, but YouTube seems to favor those who post several times a week instead of once every few weeks. :eek: I need to figure out how simplistic I can make a video yet still keep people engaged and interested in watching it. I think the community tab was made to help those in a similar boat, but the posts I make on my community tab don't get nearly the kind of traction that a video gets...

Reactions: Gemstone and Fost

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Consistently and frequently releasing content when it takes hours upon hours to make is my biggest issue with YouTube atm. :eek: I think a lot of people who make a lot of time-consuming content are getting frustrated with the algorithm shift that happened around 2015 / 2016 or so. It seems to now prefer more frequent content/daily vlogs/etc...

I think it's more of a problem with what kind of content I make rather than something to do with YouTube, but YouTube seems to favor those who post several times a week instead of once every few weeks. :eek: I need to figure out how simplistic I can make a video yet still keep people engaged and interested in watching it. I think the community tab was made to help those in a similar boat, but the posts I make on my community tab don't get nearly the kind of traction that a video gets...
No Katy keep putting in the work, people will eventually mess with quality more once they realize how repetitive some of the stuff is. In my opinion it's the current trends right now(APEX,Brawlhalla,Funny Moments,Top Moments). (And for the record, if people take this to offense I apologize in advance) Honestly if it wasn't for my storytime, and the enjoyment I had with my channel,my experience with computers, I'd probably only drop a video like every 3 months (because I got other games I want to play but don't have a capture card). I got xbox 360 collecting dust, music beat ideas I want to make "legally", with some Mary Jane Watson on the side lol. All those vids you mention only need a lil bit of time to record. .

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My biggest restraint currently having enough hours in the day. I recently resurrected a dead channel and although growth has been good - I am already tired!

Reactions: Fost

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Not enough hours in the day and never knowing how a new video will perform cause you need to improve yourself in every video, just thinking about that is tiring! Not knowing if a new series will perform well once you have an audience[DOUBLEPOST=1551713126,1551712702][/DOUBLEPOST]
Consistently and frequently releasing content when it takes hours upon hours to make is my biggest issue with YouTube atm. :eek: I think a lot of people who make a lot of time-consuming content (especially very detailed animators...) are getting frustrated with the algorithm shift that happened around 2015 / 2016 or so. It seems to now prefer more frequent content/daily vlogs/etc...

I have the same problem with the Community Tab. I think it's because a lot of people don't even know it exits... Also, I noticed is not available in many mobile devices which also affects a lot. I tried to see it in my iPad and it simply says it's not available

Last edited:

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Biggest problem is creative ideas in such a short time. I'm really starting to get really burnt doing 3 videos a week, with a full time job. Quality is always there majority of the time, especially with the feedback I'm getting also requests. It would be less problematic if this was my full-time job. The pay is not great, but it's gradually getting up there.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I was wondering, what are the biggest problems you face when it comes to YouTube? Is it anything specific?
One thing which is frustrating, though not a direct problem, is not seeing what you're doing wrong. When you follow up on all the advice around you and still being stuck at the same amount of views and subs as before you implemented the advice. Especially the SEO bit annoys me, as people report these huge leaps and such when they do it properly and I can't seem to nail it down. I feel like I'm doing it properly, yet I seem to be missing the mark.

DIY Reid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
One thing which is frustrating, though not a direct problem, is not seeing what you're doing wrong. When you follow up on all the advice around you and still being stuck at the same amount of views and subs as before you implemented the advice. Especially the SEO bit annoys me, as people report these huge leaps and such when they do it properly and I can't seem to nail it down. I feel like I'm doing it properly, yet I seem to be missing the mark.
I hear you there on SEO. Some videos I seem to nail it well, others I'm not. If you look at my channel as I grow I have plenty of videos over 10k views, a few in the 60k views, and one almost to 170k views. That being said I also have quite a few lower than 500 views. I realize that most of those under 500 views that there are many videos out there similar to it so that is part of the reason, but other than that I can't seem to nail SEO down. I've learned a little here and there along the way.

Reactions: Fost

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
I hear you there on SEO. Some videos I seem to nail it well, others I'm not. If you look at my channel as I grow I have plenty of videos over 10k views, a few in the 60k views, and one almost to 170k views. That being said I also have quite a few lower than 500 views. I realize that most of those under 500 views that there are many videos out there similar to it so that is part of the reason, but other than that I can't seem to nail SEO down. I've learned a little here and there along the way.
I gave up on the SOE's and just do my best and try to spot out my own flaws and do my best to stay consistent. And honestly I try to utilize my flaws too, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but If I can rewatch my self that means someone will enjoy it in some type of way. Its a slow increase but F it I'm having fun lol.