What are some of the things you struggle with making videos?

I have been having a hard time not cussing in my gameplay. I mean, I am not trying to be a priest, but I'm not trying to be Andrew Dice Clay either. I don't even cuss so much in real life. But these games get to me sometimes.

The editing process. I can only sit down for 30 minutes or so. After that my brain just shuts off. At times I can still edit for hours, but that is the exception rather than the norm.

Pretty much my self-esteem is what is holding me back. I am motivated to do it. I get excited and I want to be able to put out great quality videos. But my self-esteem holds me back. I am not confident in myself. And I seem to hate the sound of my own voice lol.

for me it's shyness, stumbling over my words and generally coming across well on camera. having on-camera charisma is definitely an underrated skill/trait in my opinion.

I can't argue with you Alice - but like all things - it comes down to practice. I started by doing 'drive time' vlogs, most of which never got posted. I used a dash mount for my camera, and just started talking. Remember, most viewers at first will be people you already know, so you're just having a long distance conversation with your friends! Embrace the things you're shy about, and just start talking to that lens. Over time you'll develop your style and comfort. Doing will always beat fear. Good luck![DOUBLEPOST=1519827178,1519826946][/DOUBLEPOST]
Pretty much my self-esteem is what is holding me back. I am motivated to do it. I get excited and I want to be able to put out great quality videos. But my self-esteem holds me back. I am not confident in myself. And I seem to hate the sound of my own voice lol.

Self confidence is a skill. Like Alice - the only way to overcome is to challenge it head on. You've got views, abilities, challenges, and value to share. Until you just put a camera in front of you, and hit the record button - it's just time passing. Have that conversation with the camera as though it was a mirror. With time and practice, you'll find that talking to it will become like talking to an old friend.

I've always been terrified of talking to a group, or a camera. One on one I'm just fine - but the camera took time and practice. Don't be afraid to tackle that challenge!

For me it's still sometimes shooting footage when I'm walking and there are a lot of people. It still sometimes feels a bit weird when people giving me the 'what are you doing'-look. Especialy on planes. But in order to make videos I don't have a choice so I'll just do it :)

I was wondering what kind of struggles people have the most in each genre of channels. Reply with what your biggest struggle on YouTube is and what type of channel you own along with your subscriber count.

My biggest struggle is to get the funds to travel! I want to travel the world, but I can´t afford it!
My biggest struggle with youtube is to get over the 700 mark, which I haven´t reached yet, as I have been on over 600 for over 2 years now!

my biggest struggle is trying to get people to watch my quote videos on movies.Usally my other content gets more views but it's hard trying to convince people to watch a video on the best quotes from a movie.And also deciding which quotes are the best lol

Definitely ideas. Trying to create inside the budget photography/vlog + travel oversaturated niche means there are thousands of good videos on the topic, so my chance of being seen/heard is by being unique...

With the Tech channel, it was mainly coming up with ideas and getting stuff to review, lots of emails back and forth. Also towards the end it got very repetitive hence why I only occasionally upload there now. It is currently at 4,072 subscribers.

I only just started this channel in September of last year, so I haven't been contacting companies yet as I'm only at 70 subs. The main struggle that I had recently was coming up with something that's really unique as well as more ideas for my series where I explain processes in animation. I've got answers to both of them now though and will be getting to work on videos for them after I'm finished with all this uni work (I've got reviews going up weakly in the meantime.

Back