What are some of the things you struggle with making videos?

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Finding time to prepare is the biggest challenge for me. Even a Vlog takes about 5 hours of preparation, plus the time for filming, and I want to up my game from 1 to 3 videos a week this year...

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Editing Audio. I love coming up with new ideas, scripting, animating anywhere from 40 to 80 hours per video. but audio is a drag to the point its slowing down the entire process. Its a baseline of the video and I cant say Im a great voice actor. On top of that, sound editing is the least creative part of animating cos I usually already know where everything is supposed to be whereas scripting and animation are extremely flexible and fun to work on. And on TOP ALL OF THAT...I have to listen to nothing but my own voice for several hours and thats awful lol. When I animate at least I can lower it down a lot and listen some other music in the background.

aliceromy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
for me it's shyness, stumbling over my words and generally coming across well on camera. having on-camera charisma is definitely an underrated skill/trait in my opinion. the bigger youtubers i'm subscribed to have a kind of confidence and authority to them, sometimes i notice it in smaller youtubers and they blow up much faster than everyone else. i've thought about taking a public speaking course or something similiar but ... i'm too scared haha.

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
for me it's shyness, stumbling over my words and generally coming across well on camera. having on-camera charisma is definitely an underrated skill/trait in my opinion. the bigger youtubers i'm subscribed to have a kind of confidence and authority to them, sometimes i notice it in smaller youtubers and they blow up much faster than everyone else. i've thought about taking a public speaking course or something similiar but ... i'm too scared haha.
Acting classes could be up your ally! They are fun and they are a safe place to fail. It fits into public speaking to because when you are in an acting class you are usually preparing to perform in front of a whole bunch of people. Not only perform but show emotions. I'd definitely recommend that.

Reactions: The BBQ Chef

aliceromy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Acting classes could be up your ally! They are fun and they are a safe place to fail. It fits into public speaking to because when you are in an acting class you are usually preparing to perform in front of a whole bunch of people. Not only perform but show emotions. I'd definitely recommend that.
thanks, that sounds terrifying but a very good suggestion! i am not an outwardly emotional person so this would probably help a lot ...

Reactions: CristyTango

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Keeping up the consistency and the regular schedule especially when very busy with other stuff or just simply not feeling particulaly motivated on a particular week.

Annie's Vegan Journey

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say time! it's hard when you work full time and trying to fit in making and editing videos in your time off work which you are also trying to fit in other interests, hobbies and giving friends and family time! even housework, laundry, cleaning and cooking take up so much spare time haha! i definitely wish i had more time in a day!

Peter Greco

Reaction score
For me it's figuring out how to put together a good edit. Getting footage is easy but putting it together takes me forever. I can't seem to find a good editing tutorial but maybe it's something you develop yourself overtime hence "your style." idk but if anyone finds some good editing tutorials please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Id say my biggest problem is commitment to a new idea...I've made half a dozen videos over the last 6 months that I properly poured my heart into that in the end I felt either uncomfortble uploading or by the time I'd finished it had become something that wasnt what i'd intended it to be. I suppose I should either learn to bite the bullet and just upload and see what happens or come up with better ideas xD