What are some of the best places to promote youtube videos?

Freddy

Reaction score
So I recently posted a thread about whether or not to post on reddit. Someone suggested to use other forums to promote videos. So now I pose this question, what are some good forums to promote my videos? My videos are gameplay with random commentary.

Also, the access to the videos section on here is $200 yttalk cash, which involves quite a bit of activity per month to get that month after month. My question is, is it worth it? I see that you can shamelessly promote your videos in that section, but it depends on what kind of traffic that creates to whether or not it is worth it. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
So I recently posted a thread about whether or not to post on reddit. Someone suggested to use other forums to promote videos. So now I pose this question, what are some good forums to promote my videos? My videos are gameplay with random commentary.

Also, the access to the videos section on here is $200 yttalk cash, which involves quite a bit of activity per month to get that month after month. My question is, is it worth it? I see that you can shamelessly promote your videos in that section, but it depends on what kind of traffic that creates to whether or not it is worth it. Any thoughts?
Nobody hangs out in the video section. Your best bet for a return from this community is to simply be active, and get your video in your signature. Once people decide you're awesome, they'll want to see what that awesome person makes :)

Freddy

Reaction score
Well you know how awesome I am. I've got that on lockdown. Now I just got to get that across!

Kanashimi

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's hard to find places to post for game footage, but there is Something Awful. Granted, I'm not sure what their view is on lack of commentary. They pretty much birthed Let's Plays, but it cost money to join their forums and a lot of people are harsh. If they hate your style they will tell you and it won't be nice most of the time.

Otherwise, I'd say stick with Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Freddy

Reaction score
It's hard to find places to post for game footage, but there is Something Awful. Granted, I'm not sure what their view is on lack of commentary. They pretty much birthed Let's Plays, but it cost money to join their forums and a lot of people are harsh. If they hate your style they will tell you and it won't be nice most of the time.

Otherwise, I'd say stick with Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
All right! Thanks for your input!

EaglEye

Belgian Gamer With An Accent
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
Well having my personal facebook page for my youtube I can say it does nothing if you don't have followers there :-P . But yeah, blog sites could work if you can get some followers, do post other stuff aswell though so you can get attention from people

Freddy

Reaction score
Well having my personal facebook page for my youtube I can say it does nothing if you don't have followers there :-P . But yeah, blog sites could work if you can get some followers, do post other stuff aswell though so you can get attention from people
Of course. When I ask what forums I guess what I'm really asking for are forums where I can be active. Like here. So I guess gaming sites? Or gaming forums. Ill give some of those a shot.

Freddy

Reaction score
Nobody hangs out in the video section. Your best bet for a return from this community is to simply be active, and get your video in your signature. Once people decide you're awesome, they'll want to see what that awesome person makes :)
How do I get a video in my signature?

EaglEye

Belgian Gamer With An Accent
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
How do I get a video in my signature?
You can 'buy' that in the shop aswell. Not really sure but i think it was 200 or something for a month? (Also new in this)