Animation What are some of the best places to promote an animation channel?

Minty

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Hey y’all!

This question has been bugging me for a bit. Most of the feedback I get in my videos have been very positive, but I feel like people simply can’t find my channel. I spend an obscene amount of time making my videos, and I’m a little worried about how little views I get— and I figure that I might not be promoting my videos in the right places. I’m not quite sure where to start either. Should I create art for some YouTube friends I have with subs in the thousands to hundred thousands (and get noticed through the art credit)? Should I comment on videos more? Should I just ask my friends to share it to everyone they know? Are there any websites for sharing this stuff?

I’d appreciate any advice! And I’d love to hear your strategies on promoting content, thank you :)

Best,
Minty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tersina

Bright1G

Reaction score
Never, never ask anyone to share your videos this makes your channel so freaking pathetic it's like saying "I can suck your winer for views" you know what i'm sayin'?. Post your stuff on reddit if u get lucky you might get hundreds of thousands views. Buy facebook promotion same with twitter. Post on forums like this there is bunch of them. And last tip, make it happen naturally. Just keep posting your stuff and one day you might create viral video, thats it.

Minty

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Never, never ask anyone to share your videos this makes your channel so freaking pathetic it's like saying "I can suck your winer for views" you know what i'm sayin'?. Post your stuff on reddit if u get lucky you might get hundreds of thousands views. Buy facebook promotion same with twitter. Post on forums like this there is bunch of them. And last tip, make it happen naturally. Just keep posting your stuff and one day you might create viral video, thats it.
Oh, I just ask my friends to share it if they feel like their friends would like it too, it’s pretty chill. Where would I post on reddit?

Bright1G

Reaction score
Oh, I just ask my friends to share it if they feel like their friends would like it too, it’s pretty chill. Where would I post on reddit?

reddit.com/r/videos/

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi there,
could you give some names of these forums?

I am also looking for forums to share my video on. Especially forums that share stuff for toddlers/pre-schoolers and kids

greetz Lenny

Reaction score
Best advise I have seen out here yet

TMJBtv

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Definitely reddit. And link it in subreddits that relate to your video subject. Made an animation about a specific game? Upload it to that games subreddit. It'll definitely get a few extra views, and the opinions are usually more honest on reddit.