What are some good tips and strategies for a new vlogger?

Wiggly Cinema

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just started my vlogging channel and would like some help on how to create a brand around it. How to create story within the Vlog? How to make engaging content that viewers want to watch and how to engage with the viewers? Any and all tips and strategies to help me reach an audience and help them would be great.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
There´s a lot of tips and tricks here already, so I recommend you to have a look and see for yourself what suits you.
I´m saying this because the moderators will probably say that this is a common asked question and will lock the thread.

Reactions: Wiggly Cinema

GraphicsCow

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A few things that I would think about when making a channel about vlogging.

1. Vlogging in general
From what I see, most successful vloggers are either people who started doing something entirely different (for example, gaming) then slowly transitioning into vlogs. For example, FaZe Clan. I don't watch them anymore, but they started out just as a gaming clan. Now most of the people in FaZe are just vloggers. It works for them because they had an audience of people who knew who they were and liked their personality. Going into vlogs would be easy as they already are connected with an audience that's interested in them as a person.

Another way vloggers are successful is what they do in life. If you aren't doing interesting things in your vlogs, people most likely won't stick around and subscribe. That's pretty much it in that regard.

2. Branding
I don't know how I feel about this side of vlogging. I always see people talking about their "brand" when it comes to vlogs. I think its kind of odd to brand yourself in that way. For example, Logan Paul always talks about himself as a "brand". In my opinion, I don't think you should aim to "brand" yourself, its an odd concept to me for a vlogging channel aiming to make themselves a brand when they're just people.

Unless you're just talking about being recognized for what you do yourself/being unique, then I get you.

Reactions: Wiggly Cinema

Wiggly Cinema

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
A few things that I would think about when making a channel about vlogging.

1. Vlogging in general
From what I see, most successful vloggers are either people who started doing something entirely different (for example, gaming) then slowly transitioning into vlogs. For example, FaZe Clan. I don't watch them anymore, but they started out just as a gaming clan. Now most of the people in FaZe are just vloggers. It works for them because they had an audience of people who knew who they were and liked their personality. Going into vlogs would be easy as they already are connected with an audience that's interested in them as a person.

Another way vloggers are successful is what they do in life. If you aren't doing interesting things in your vlogs, people most likely won't stick around and subscribe. That's pretty much it in that regard.

2. Branding
I don't know how I feel about this side of vlogging. I always see people talking about their "brand" when it comes to vlogs. I think its kind of odd to brand yourself in that way. For example, Logan Paul always talks about himself as a "brand". In my opinion, I don't think you should aim to "brand" yourself, its an odd concept to me for a vlogging channel aiming to make themselves a brand when they're just people.

Unless you're just talking about being recognized for what you do yourself/being unique, then I get you.
That’s what I was saying ^. Thank you for the advice. I know it’s definately harder to get started without and audience, and I do love games, but I just don’t feel that that would sit right with the community if I made gaming videos until I got 1,000 subs or such and such and then switched to Vlogs.

GraphicsCow

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That’s what I was saying ^. Thank you for the advice. I know it’s definitely harder to get started without and audience, and I do love games, but I just don’t feel that that would sit right with the community if I made gaming videos until I got 1,000 subs or such and such and then switched to Vlogs.
Again, how these youtubers transition is doing both types of content at one point. If the audience likes it then you can switch. If not, stick to what they like (if you want to grow your channel). Or you could just do what you want (which is more fun anyway) and have a smaller audience.