What are my chances of doing Youtube Full-time???

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
3) Have additional sources of income outside of Youtube
An extremely part of building your online brand (and not just a youtube channel) is using is it as just an element in your business. Yes, youtube should be treated as a business for people who want to have it as a career. Create a websites, be active on all other popular social network, spread out your fan base on multiple platforms. Use the channel to create multiple revenue streams through affiliate linking, drop shipping, paid subscriptions, crowd funding, marketing, etc. No amount of succesfull channels will help you if Youtube as a company dies.

I mean in the end a "stable job" is just a matter of perception, I'll take my freelancing over a "stable" 9-5 any day because I have control and can regulate the amount and price and market and everything, and can't be fired as long as I put in the work. Too many tales of people giving their lives to a company and being kicked out like trash. Ain't happening.

It's not even unlikely that one of these days the internet will crash all together, but that's a different story for a different day :p

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Next to nothing, good luck.

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
its impossible for us to advise if you can everyone needs to earn a different amount before they can go fulltime

I am a fulltime youtuber (and stream twice a week) i earn around $1,000 a month from ad revenue, $2,000 from patreon and about $1,000 a month from twitch streaming twice a week

so the people suggesting you need hundreds of thousands of subscribers are not actually right ( i have 32k subs), it very much depends on your community, your niche etc

so yes, doing it full time is still very possible, you just have to work your butt off for a long time earning basically nothing to grow a foundation

i have been a youtuber for 2 years and 3 months, and for the first maybe 18 months i earn't a few hundred dollars working 40+ hours a week, now its 60+

6StringMadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
I strongly believe that if you really work hard at it, you can have a lot of success. By working hard I don't mean throwing up a video every once in a while, I mean putting up as many videos as you can, analyzing the response from the YouTube search engine as well as the audience. Then you take what you've learned and constantly apply it and experiment.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Anybody can 'make it' but not all content styles have the best potential. With your current formatting, you're in for an uphill battle.

Bloomberg just posted an interesting article that's worth a read. Sorry, I don't have permissions to post a link.

05.jpg

Reactions: OrbitGuy

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well even YouTubers that make videos for a living earn money from merch, patrion, streaming, music,books etc. money just from ads really isn’t really a lot of money.