What am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I've been at YouTube about a year now and I am growing way too slowly in comparison to other channels in my niche. My videos are high quality, I've been trying to post more frequently, tag correctly and use good thumbnails. Nothing seems to be working. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for everyone's insight :)

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Overall, your channel and content look quite professional. Your thumbnail style is a bit inconsistent, with some having text on the screen, some don't, some early ones look just like screenshots. Maybe find a format that works for you and stick with it.

Other than that, I'd say the one problem for you is getting traffic. Maybe take a deeper dive into the world of SEO, analyse how you are doing things now and how upgrade them. For example, if you make a tutorial video put 'How to' in your title. Make sure you name your video after what the people are searching for. Google trends can help you compare keywords. Titles don't only need to reel people in, they also are a huge part of letting people find your video in the first place!

Reactions: Nicolo Maserati
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Overall, your channel and content look quite professional. Your thumbnail style is a bit inconsistent, with some having text on the screen, some don't, some early ones look just like screenshots. Maybe find a format that works for you and stick with it.

Other than that, I'd say the one problem for you is getting traffic. Maybe take a deeper dive into the world of SEO, analyse how you are doing things now and how upgrade them. For example, if you make a tutorial video put 'How to' in your title. Make sure you name your video after what the people are searching for. Google trends can help you compare keywords. Titles don't only need to reel people in, they also are a huge part of letting people find your video in the first place!
Thank you! I've definitely been trying to work on my SEO but I do realize that I'm in a saturated YouTube Niche, that may definitely be hurting me as well.

DapperDanVlogs

Reaction score
ok so your stuff looks great on the technical side. you have only been at this a year. I think one thing that could help you is to manage your expectations. you cant go by how fast other people are growing that has nothing to do with you, you have no idea how they got where they are. also you have videos with thousands of views and one with almost 30k! you are doing good. iv'e been at this over a year and my highest video is 3.9k. try to forget about the other people and forget the numbers just make great videos because you like to make them, if you don't, then don't make videos because the chances of getting rich are not good.

I have always felt that people don't fall in love with your content they fall in love with the characters. they want to know you they want to feel like they are friends with you. my favorite youtubers are people that I identify with and I "know" . maybe take some more time out of your room and do some other things on camera while keeping the quality top notch.

also your tags need work, none of your tags are ranking in search. try tube buddy and see if that helps. short tags such as "premiere pro" will get you know where. it needs to be "zoom transition premiere pro cc" or whatever. also tags dont matter that much anymore, focus on your discription make it a few paragraphs like a little story with lots of keywords in the description. but not just a list of tags.

last thing. music is a touch loud during tutorial talking parts. bring it way down.

your doing great just keep going and manage your expectations.

Reactions: Nicolo Maserati
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
ok so your stuff looks great on the technical side. you have only been at this a year. I think one thing that could help you is to manage your expectations. you cant go by how fast other people are growing that has nothing to do with you, you have no idea how they got where they are. also you have videos with thousands of views and one with almost 30k! you are doing good. iv'e been at this over a year and my highest video is 3.9k. try to forget about the other people and forget the numbers just make great videos because you like to make them, if you don't, then don't make videos because the chances of getting rich are not good.

I have always felt that people don't fall in love with your content they fall in love with the characters. they want to know you they want to feel like they are friends with you. my favorite youtubers are people that I identify with and I "know" . maybe take some more time out of your room and do some other things on camera while keeping the quality top notch.

also your tags need work, none of your tags are ranking in search. try tube buddy and see if that helps. short tags such as "premiere pro" will get you know where. it needs to be "zoom transition premiere pro cc" or whatever. also tags dont matter that much anymore, focus on your discription make it a few paragraphs like a little story with lots of keywords in the description. but not just a list of tags.

last thing. music is a touch loud during tutorial talking parts. bring it way down.

your doing great just keep going and manage your expectations.
Thank you for the advice!!! I really appreciate it! My tags and descriptions were definitely lacking up until the last couple videos. I have the pro version of tube buddy but wasn't using it to it's full potential.

One thing that seems to catch a lot of views is transcribing it and making custom closed captions and then taking some of the transcription and putting that in the description of the video.

DapperDanVlogs

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice!!! I really appreciate it! My tags and descriptions were definitely lacking up until the last couple videos. I have the pro version of tube buddy but wasn't using it to it's full potential.

One thing that seems to catch a lot of views is transcribing it and making custom closed captions and then taking some of the transcription and putting that in the description of the video.
insteresting. thanks for the tip

Zadey

Reaction score
Your audio quality could use some work. The audio sounds a bit flat. Other than that, I would say just upload more often. If your channel is dedicated to video editing, alot of those channels have more videos and those videos already rank higher than yours due to their larger audience. In a "commoditized" niche it takes more work.