• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No it isn't working for you

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Yes, but you need to change what you record on it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

McShockz O

I have been doing for almost 5 years now, and I know that sounds like a long time, and very little success when you look at my channel. However, I started when I was 13 and seeing as I'm 18 now, I've grown a lot as a person and a creator. What I really need help deciding is where should I go from here? Do you think the Minecraft thing is still working for me or do you think I'm fit for a better genre. I literally like to play anything but it's a constant battle deciding what to upload.

Can you please just give my channel banner and video titles and thumbnails a look. What am I doing wrong, or right and where should I go from here?

Thank you so much for taking the time to review my channel, it is highly appreciated!

This may not help as this is probably what everyone will say to you but upload games that you enjoy. If you enjoy minecraft then carry on making mc videos, when a creator is not having fun making videos the viewer can totally tell and i personally like to watch videos of people having fun and enjoying their life!

Your banner looks amazing I love it! Your thumbnails are also great and it is something I would see and want to click on definitely.

Hope this helped in some shape or form! ^-^

I agree with the person about but I voted otherwise because the time to capitalize on minecraft is over. My friend's highschool friends are two of the largest minecraft youtubers other than pewdiepie (Bajan Canadian and JeromeASF). He got into minecraft and got 15k subs doing collabs with them, but I could see my friend was getting a bit bored with the same old minecraft hunger games scenarios. My point with all of this is that minecraft as a platform is great but it already reached peak popularity and it might be difficult to capture a market share. You missed the virgin land grab so to speak. You are like Italy vying for a piece of Africa during the scramble for Africa in the late 19th century. All the other powers already got Nigeria, South Africa and most of everything else. All you got was Libya. LIBYA. And look how that turned out. Instead how bout you conquer some remote Island in Southeast Asia (hope you get the analogy). ;)

I mean the only way you'd get famous is if your videos are VERY interesting meaning not just run of the mill let's plays, so get creative!

This may not help as this is probably what everyone will say to you but upload games that you enjoy. If you enjoy minecraft then carry on making mc videos, when a creator is not having fun making videos the viewer can totally tell and i personally like to watch videos of people having fun and enjoying their life!

Your banner looks amazing I love it! Your thumbnails are also great and it is something I would see and want to click on definitely.

Hope this helped in some shape or form! ^-^
Thank you so much for the comment, I really appreciate you taking the time to view my channel. I do enjoy Minecraft I just feel at this point it is an overplayed game that many do not find interesting to really watch anymore. However I'm definitely going to be doing some rebranding on my channel and stray away from the mainstream Minecraft youtube thing. Have a good day!

Thank you so much for the comment, I really appreciate you taking the time to view my channel. I do enjoy Minecraft I just feel at this point it is an overplayed game that many do not find interesting to really watch anymore. However I'm definitely going to be doing some rebranding on my channel and stray away from the mainstream Minecraft youtube thing. Have a good day!

I am not trying to put you off minecraft. Just if you are going to do it, do it well and don't just do a run of the mill let's play. Focus on a theme that is unique. Don't do stuff like hunger games because 1000 of those videos exist. Minecraft movies are always a good route. I made one and it got 80,000 views in a year.

I agree with the person about but I voted otherwise because the time to capitalize on minecraft is over. My friend's highschool friends are two of the largest minecraft youtubers other than pewdiepie (Bajan Canadian and JeromeASF). He got into minecraft and got 15k subs doing collabs with them, but I could see my friend was getting a bit bored with the same old minecraft hunger games scenarios. My point with all of this is that minecraft as a platform is great but it already reached peak popularity and it might be difficult to capture a market share. You missed the virgin land grab so to speak. You are like Italy vying for a piece of Africa during the scramble for Africa in the late 19th century. All the other powers already got Nigeria, South Africa and most of everything else. All you got was Libya. LIBYA. And look how that turned out. Instead how bout you conquer some remote Island in Southeast Asia (hope you get the analogy). ;)

I mean the only way you'd get famous is if your videos are VERY interesting meaning not just run of the mill let's plays, so get creative!
I think at this point I am on the same page as you are. There is a reason Minecraft just isn't working for people anymore. I definitely want to continue playing it but maybe not record it as much. I'll try my best to start reaching outside the box some more with ideas. Kind of like how Swiftor created Michael Myers on Call of duty haha. Thanks for the comment man, and have a wonderful day![DOUBLEPOST=1497215461,1497215336][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am not trying to put you off minecraft. Just if you are going to do it, do it well and don't just do a run of the mill let's play. Focus on a theme that is unique. Don't do stuff like hunger games because 1000 of those videos exist. Minecraft movies are always a good route. I made one and it got 80,000 views in a year.
That's actually a pretty good idea. I've done one before but it obviously wasn't the top of the line seeing as I had been doing YouTube for like a year XD

I think at this point I am on the same page as you are. There is a reason Minecraft just isn't working for people anymore. I definitely want to continue playing it but maybe not record it as much. I'll try my best to start reaching outside the box some more with ideas. Kind of like how Swiftor created Michael Myers on Call of duty haha. Thanks for the comment man, and have a wonderful day![DOUBLEPOST=1497215461,1497215336][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's actually a pretty good idea. I've done one before but it obviously wasn't the top of the line seeing as I had been doing YouTube for like a year XD

I've made God Awful minecraft movies and they've gained traction. They work believe me. The most important thing is that they allow you to generate something that is genuinely creative, but that is still linked to gaming. Think of it this way. Games offer us one thing-> a super-low budget for short films. They offer us the movie sets we couldn't dream to afford. So get creative and write your own movie.

Good luck.

Back