What am I doing wrong?

lucy marriott

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been uploading regular content for 4 months and I get barely any views and only have 25 subs. I advertise wherever I can and make regular content that the few people who do watch tell me is good but I don't feel my channel is progressing? Any suggestions??

Reactions: CDWilliams

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've started having this problem again, sadly it may just be your content isn't interesting enough for your viewers to want to tune in and watch. My last 3 videos haven't done very well but one I uploaded late hence the lack of views as people are bored of that topic now as its been out at least a week. Should have uploaded on the day it came out (potter more ilvermorny quiz) another is a gaming video which tbf I don't promote I just use as channel fillers but I do still enjoy doing them and 3 my most recent which I don't really know why people never seem interested in that kind of thing on my channel anyway as I have a throwback Thursday series and none have that many views. You just have to see what's trending or find a video you are interested in making yourself and see how many views it gets, if they all seem to have a lot including small youtubers then give it a go. I did this with potter more but like I said I uploaded too late so I didn't get half as many views as those who did the video on the day the quiz came out. It's so disheartening but when you make a video that does well it's lovely but sometimes it's literally just pure luck, if you are that passionate about YouTube just keep uploading and one day it will happen, I am right there with you and I'm sure so many others are by getting disheartened at lack of views. I was stuck at 750 subs for months and at least I'm doing better sub wise now so don't give up!

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hi, a couple of tips. change your channel layout. that layout is kinda annoying to browse the videos. play about with the settings so the layout looks similar to mine. thats the standard layout that people like best. also make playlists. you could do a makeup one, food one, games one etc. it really helps retain viewers

your thumbnails are kinda lazy. most are just a screenshot from the video. take a little time in photoshop or any other design program and make some thumbnails. even if its just a image from the video with some fun easily readable text

also for the love of god film horizontally! its like the number 1 rule for vloggers! and a bunch of your videos are vertical.

i watched a couple of videos you have a really fun personality so i definitely think you could make a go of it

i have also asked this to be moved to the right forum. there is one for reviews and channel feedback

GamersName

String_not_found
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've been uploading regular content for 4 months and I get barely any views and only have 25 subs. I advertise wherever I can and make regular content that the few people who do watch tell me is good but I don't feel my channel is progressing? Any suggestions??
You need to fix your homepage channel, add sections of featured videos, playlists, channel trailer (even if it is one of your random channel videos). A banner representing theme of your channel may also help. And as Becky said, relevant/hot topics for todays world may help too.

Reactions: lucy marriott
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Guys,

I went from 1500 views / 48 hours to 350 views / 48 hours. I don't know why this has happened. However, I am not going to "quit" uploading videos. Nevertheless, I am going to stop trying to run it like a business.

I go to college and work part-time as well. These are the two things I am looking to support me financially for the next five years.

Now youtube for me is:

- A creative outlet. Its a place where I can "build" (as I call like to call it) the type of videos that the future me would be proud of.
- A stress reliever
- A place for me to make friends who also like to create things and live a proactive lifestyle.
- A place where I feel like I am contributing to world however big or small the contribution
- A place where hopefully I can fall back on one day when I want to leave the regular 9-5 job thing. Not now.

I think with this mindset I will be focusing on the quality of my videos and not checking the realtime views every 30 minutes.

Be happy guys. I used to live a very stressful life. Until recently I've learned that stress is often not worth all of the life that it distracts you from.

:)

Luke (WhatsItLike?)

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can try making custom thumbnails to make your videos look more appealing, and also with that try to make your video names as interesting as possible to match the videos content. youtubers seriously have to keep at it theres no overnight success, it can take years, mcjuggernuggets had 200 subs for 7 years, now he has over 3 million. so just think about that.

Chris Lance

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The gear symbol by subscribe button > Customize the layout of your channel > Turn on