Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

What’s your setup?

Discussion in 'Video Editing, Recording, Software & Hardware' started by BrettTaylorYT, May 15, 2018.

1. BrettTaylorYT
    Cash:
    $28
    I was curious what you all use for your set up? (Camera, lights, mic, etc). I’ve already got a pretty good mic and camera set up (I use a RODE mic (also a Neewer NW-700 microphone for voice overs) and a Canon Rebel T5 as well as the Rebel T5i also my iPhone). But my main issue is lighting. I’m currently just using natural light, the overhead regular room light, and a desk lamp. The lighting looks alright in my videos but I still feel like it’s too dark and/or reflective. I was thinking of just purchasing a work light or two. Something cheap but also powerful. I’m not sure though what do you think? Also what do you use for lighting (and everything else)?

2. HiEnergy
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $87
    As I don't yet have a sufficient camera, all of my videos are merely screencasts. I use OBS for screencasting, Reaper for voiceover recording and processing (only few of my videos contain VO as my voice just sounds ugly). For video editing I use DaVinci Resolve 14 (limited version) and Vegas Pro 14.
    My microphone is a cheap chinese SM57 knock-off, guess I'll buy a Rode NT1-A soon.
    Not sure yet what kind of camera to buy...

3. GameVestment
    Cash:
    $22
    For my gaming videos I use:
    iPad Pro where I can easily record the gameplay with iOS screen recorder although you need to be careful because sometimes audio not be on sync
    I have a cheap mic but I guess is doing the job, it's a TakStar. I saw a lot of reviews where people recommended this microphone.
    I use Final Cut for editing and that's pretty much it.
    So far, I'm doing faceless videos but in case I need to show my face I have al old Nikon camera that will do the job.

I highly recommend you buy a lightning setup for you videos, it's really cheap and it will make a huge difference.

4. Crown
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Administrator
    Cash:
    $7,584
    Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

5. MazaParaza
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $106
    Xbox Headset for Mic, Windows Movie Maker for Editing, and Paint for Thumbnails