What’s the best day and time to post?

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
im mostly asking because I need motivation and if someone gives me a day and time that’s worked well- maybe I’ll just do it. I mean, maybe not- but I thought a deadline could help. Lol

Also I don’t need the “if you don’t have the motivation maybe this isn’t for you” lecture, you don’t know me or my circumstances. (I say this because I’ve seen people say it)

VictorLight

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depends on where your viewers are mostly from because I watch youtubers who upload while it's like 3 am for me, so the best to go for is probably weekends and an evening timing would be great in my opinion cause that's when people mostly tend to watch youtube.

Reactions: CristyTango

TastesSeoulGood

Vlogging my adventures in Korea
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It all depends. Everyone has a different audience. Dig into your analytics and find out where the majority of your subscribers/viewers are from. If they're from the USA, are they East coast or West coast? Do they work? When will they be available?

I try to study my real time analytics and go from there. Personally, I tend to see a spike on Sunday evening, so I try to upload a few hours before that. But that's just my audience. Honestly, I think it's because another larger channel with similar content uploads at that time, and I get suggested off his new videos. Right after he uploads, I see a spike in viewers.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Friday morning so the video has time to get in the system and the weekend has the most available eyes

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
So general consensus is weekends! That seems almost too obvious. That makes a lot of sense. I'm aloof very often. hahaha

Thanks for your help :biggrin:

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like that strategy
So general consensus is weekends! That seems almost too obvious. That makes a lot of sense.
Unfortunately, that strategy may not work for you. There is no “best time” to post. There is only a “best time” to post FOR YOU. Your analytics will determine that. Personally, for my channel, Friday is absolutely my WORST day to post. The most important time frame for a video to succeed with the algorithm is in the first 24 hours if you want YouTube to recommend your video to new people. It’s essential to get as many views and interactions within those first 24 hours as possible. My viewers must be out of the house and doing other things on a Friday night, and posting on a Friday destroys any momentum I have. I usually get 3,000-5,000 views within the first 24 hours, and I get about a third of that if I post on a Friday.

My point here is that what works for someone else may not (and likely won’t) work for you. Kids channels get more views on the weekends because they are in school on the weekdays. For a cooking channel like mine, Sunday evenings works best because people are planning their meals for the week and setting menus. That’s my fastest view rate.

Don’t fall into the trap of following someone else’s posting schedule. Post videos at different times and then look at your analytics and figure out the best time for YOUR channel. Anything else is a complete waste of time that could actually kill any favor the algorithm offers you if you aren’t paying attention.

Last edited:

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
Unfortunately, that strategy may not work for you. There is no “best time” to post. There is only a “best time” to post FOR YOU. Your analytics will determine that. Personally, for my channel, Friday is absolutely my WORST day to post. The most important time frame for a video to succeed with the algorithm is in the first 24 hours if you want YouTube to recommend your video to new people. It’s essential to get as many views and interactions within those first 24 hours as possible. My viewers must be out of the house and doing other things on a Friday night, and posting on a Friday destroys any momentum I have. I usually get 3,000-5,000 views within the first 24 hours, and I get about a third of that if I post on a Friday.

My point here is that what works for someone else may not (and likely won’t) work for you. Kids channels get more views on the weekends because they are in school on the weekdays. For a cooking channel like mine, Sunday evenings works best because people are planning their meals for the week and setting menus. That’s my fastest view rate.

Don’t fall into the trap of following someone else’s posting schedule. Post videos at different times and then look at your analytics and figure out the best time for YOUR channel. Anything else is a complete waste of time that could actually kill any favor the algorithm offers you if you aren’t paying attention.
You bring a good point. So the most “obvious choice” may NOT be the smartest... hmmm
Thanks that makes a lot of sense

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me I post daily but my post time is based on what suits me. I go for 2pm in afternoon since I'm normally getting bored at work by then and it's nice to see the views and comments rolling in haha

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
watch your real time analytics and post on the day and time you generally have the highest traffic on your channel. or be like me and ignore that and just post a video once you have it ready to upload whenever that may be....lol

although generally if I get a video ready and by the time it finishes uploading its going to be after about 9pm ill normally schedule it to go live the next morning as my overnight views are always the slowest.