"We've worked with your MCN to include you in the YouTube Partner Program."

lonrot

Reaction score
This is for anyone thinking if they should accept the terms behind the blue bar that says:

We've worked with your MCN to include you in the YouTube Partner Program.

According to FULLSCREEN "you must accept these terms to continue earning revenue on YouTube and ensure you’re included in all upcoming YouTube feature releases."

Thanks to RobinPawn for making an insightful video on the subject.

FULLSCREEN article on "Youtube Partner Program and Cover Songs Update":
fullscreen.com/2015/12/03/youtube-partner-program-cover-songs-update/

This only applies to MCN partnered channels
as normal Youtube partnered channels are already updated with these new terms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Romio

yic17

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys. I've been avoiding this YPP thing since my AdSense account associated with YouTube has been disabled. I wonder if there's any risk accepting this YPP MCN thing with a disabled AdSense account?

Before I was able to avoid it fairly easily since it only shows up in my dashboard. But since yesterday the YPP thing keeps popping up automatically whenever I visit YouTube. It's like they are forcing you to join. Quite annoying really - not just the pop up part but that they are forcing you to join part too. Makes me feel like the deal is somewhat fishy.

UPDATE: My issue is solved as YouTube just restored my AdSense account. :v

Last edited:

TheOtakuGod

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Youtube keeps giving me this pop-up saying they worked with my mcn. Should I accept, I plan on leaving my mcn soon so I do not know if this will lock me in with my current network. Can someone explain this to me.

Riddikore

Overseer of Earth Realm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
@TheOtakuGod I've merged your thread here. Hopefully you find some good answers :)

Joel Sandberg

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I just accepted the agreement with no issues. Everything is still running normally.
I play a lot of piano covers and is interested by the shared monetization. Does anyone have any info or link on when it becomes available? :)

Nayer

Reaction score
I would love to find out when this becomes available as it was introduced to us a couple of months ago for the first time.

Parcel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Every channel in any MCN will get the same message over the next day or so.
There's no real option not to accept it..

Basically it only changes these:
i) Allow you to enable fan-funding if you are in an eligible country even if your MCN is not
ii) Allows you to monetise elligible cover songs using YouTube's permissions for that.

You should get an email from your MCN about it soon with a PDF that explains it all :)
what about gaming channels, the youtube partner program doesn't allow monetization of video game videos so.....
this thing confuses me.[DOUBLEPOST=1455703975,1455700464][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just accepted it for all of my channels with no issues. Gaming channels included! For people who are concerned about gaming content think about this..... Why would they stop gaming content if they just recently launched a platform designed for gamer's. No worries guys, just keep on making cool stuff!
Thanks
we can monetize automatically like we used to though right?
we don't have to wait for youtube to allow monetization.

Kalekun

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I can relate to you alot! I'm also an introvert and I used to call vlogs "V-logs" too haha trust me it's a hard habit to change haha.

Thanks for sharing your story Will! You're really inspiring..

riddy09

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Still thinking about MCN since I'm newbie in Youtube promoting.

Nayer

Reaction score
I've noticed since the start of the month that the copyright ID matched videos have the green monetization button lighting up now with the copyright logo right next to it.

I'm not sure if the shared revenue partnership has already started because it's not showing that I made money off those videos in my Analytics which is why I want to know what's going on with this now.