Were you really nervous when you started?

dineANDrhyme

Reaction score
Just like the tittle says. For my first two videos I've found them fun to make but I've been really nervous even though it is just voice, and i think it will come though. Just wondering if this happened to anyone else when they started, and how long it took them to get more comfortable with it.
Even though I don't show myself in my videos, I was so nervous to start!! But thats how success comes, stepping out of your comfort zone!

Reactions: Great 5s

Triple Res

YouTube Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yes still am lol but every video we have been getting more and more confident. Just gotta break through that wall. For me its been pretty easy cause I record with two of my best friends.

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Nervous for the first month or so. And I mean nervous to an unreasonable extent.
Now I get a much worse feeling. The acknowledgement of mediocrity, and hopelessness to ever surpass the current stage.

Last edited:

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Yes, this is why i hide myself behind my animation~! lol
lmao I was gonna say the same thing.

I wasnt exactly nervous, but not too comfortable with having to hear my own voice on a public video. Which I posted lol.
Struggle is real.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Haha man, I was a nervous wreck! I look back at my first videos and cringe at how rubbish I was. Thankfully it's just part of me now, and the camera doesn't phase me at all anymore

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think being an extrovert helped me not to be nervous. Plus the fact that I make videos with my wife and she's hilarious so we always have a blast. First couple of edits I was hard on myself (internally) about my voice/appearance and also about the quality of my videos/editing skills. I'm a perfectionist, so knowing it would take time to develop a style and figure out the technical side of producing great quality videos (on a budget) was annoying to me at first. Now I realize the "quality content" isn't so much the lighting/video quality as much as it's the story you tell.

Brilli2K

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
When I filmed my first video I was freaking out with getting my sentences jumbled when recording a post commentary. I put on a pair of headphones and acted like I was playing the game and it seemed to help a lot