Were you really nervous when you started?

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I wasnt nervous at all. I was actually really excited! I remember the day it clicked that i wanted to start a youtube channel. I was at work, i made a twitter for my channel, i was writing down an outline of the points i wanted to hit and how i wanted to structure my introduction video. I was drawing up a logo i wanted to use. I was really pumped and excited to start my channel.

Reactions: Great 5s

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
I was incredibly nervous and anxious. The reason I haven't started earlier was because I was so afraid of judgement but I wish I started earlier honestly. I think after time and the more and more you do it, it come natural. Any big youtuber started off awkward and nervous but after months and years of doing it their a pro :)

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just like the tittle says. For my first two videos I've found them fun to make but I've been really nervous even though it is just voice, and i think it will come though. Just wondering if this happened to anyone else when they started, and how long it took them to get more comfortable with it.
I was pretty nervous for my first video! I am normally a pretty outgoing person and don't care what people think about me but for some reason when I was editing my first video I was second guessing myself the whole time and going back and forth. When I actually clicked the upload button I was really nervous what people's reaction would be and if I would even make a second video. But I got a lot of positive feedback so I wasn't as nervous anymore. Now it is just another day making a video :)

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Was pretty nervous if people would enjoy my content but other than that not really.

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I think everyone is nervous when they first start, especially if they are young and/or haven't done any kind of presenting before...
I was nervous, I think I still kind of am, I don't have an 'in video' personality... which I think kind of makes my videos boring? Who knows.
I've been doing youtube for abouuut 3/4 years now, and I recon it took me a solid year and a half to actually get used to making videos, even then... wow. I don't even want to think about it.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yes I was really nervous about doing it, but as I did it more and more, I got more comfortable!

LizetteGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No, but only because I've podcasted for years. When I started podcasting I was terrified, and it took months for me to feel vaguely comfortable behind a mic. I think if you keep at it, and don't be hard on yourself (you can't expect to get good at anything without some decent practice!), you'll be fine.

Great 5s

Reaction score
Thanks for answering everyone. I didn't expect so many people to comment, It's been great so far.

ImSoLugo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Y'know it's funny... I was a lot more nervous before I actually started to record anything and I still do when I take breaks. I don't really get nervous because I always assume no one watches. When do you get nervous exactly? After posting, while recording or just the entire process?

I'm, personally, a shy person in general but Youtube gives me a bit of courage to better myself and I think its helped a lot. I haven't been doing It very long but my nerves have calmed down since when i started. I still get nervous tho sometimes. Especially when trying something new.

Great 5s

Reaction score
Y'know it's funny... I was a lot more nervous before I actually started to record anything and I still do when I take breaks. I don't really get nervous because I always assume no one watches. When do you get nervous exactly? After posting, while recording or just the entire process?

I'm, personally, a shy person in general but YouTube gives me a bit of courage to better myself and I think its helped a lot. I haven't been doing It very long but my nerves have calmed down since when i started. I still get nervous tho sometimes. Especially when trying something new.
It's basically just while i'm recording, and editing, when i can hear my own voice. I feel a sense of satisfaction when i click the upload button though.