Were you really nervous when you started?

Great 5s

Reaction score
Just like the tittle says. For my first two videos I've found them fun to make but I've been really nervous even though it is just voice, and i think it will come though. Just wondering if this happened to anyone else when they started, and how long it took them to get more comfortable with it.

Dadrules

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Just like the tittle says. For my first two videos I've found them fun to make but I've been really nervous even though it is just voice, and i think it will come though. Just wondering if this happened to anyone else when they started, and how long it took them to get more comfortable with it.
Yeah bud i was really nervous and i still am to a degree. I always believed i had a stupid dumb deep voice and my actual pronunciation of words is pretty bad, i don't speak clear enough , don't finish my words and if i try to speak clear, it takes the whole essence of " me " away from it and i sound like a posh weirdo hahaha. I am really nervous about doing the camera thing too but do intend to at a later date. I reckon most people are nervous about this because most people think they sound awful when in reality we don't actually hear our selves correctly and hear our selves through a barrier or something like that. well thats what the videos on you tube say anyway haha.. keep it up man, soon it will become second nature

Oh and very nice banner bud , really like the design on your channel :)

Good luck with things :)

Reactions: Great 5s

Great 5s

Reaction score
It's good to know it's not just me. Just mind games with yourself.

Thanks about the banner, but i actually messed that up lol. looks nothing like the template was, still need to mess around with those things.

Reactions: Dadrules

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Definitely was nervous as all hell. I remember being even more nervous to the point of heart attack when I shared my videos on Facebook for the first time haha. It gets better and you get more of a 'don't give a duck attitude' as time progresses!

Boseen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, it's the reason why I eventually stopped the first time. But I'm trying again. Still need to get the hang in frequent upload schedule and creative content etc.

Doesn't change I'm not nervous anymore. Just learned to just try

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

HeyJayBay

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not at all. I remember being 14 years old, filming a crappy video of me singing a song I wrote and uploading it to YouTube without asking my parent's permission. I was just so excited to be a part of the website.

Fast forward 9 years and I'm still excited to be a creator. I definitely get nervous; I struggle with anxiety, but YouTube is one place where I am not shy. I feel more comfortable in front of the camera than I do in person.

-HeyJayBay

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I think I was a bit nervous when I first starting making videos with my voice back in 2011. Now it's not a big deal at all. I just talk and talk and talk lol

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In my first ever video I was very nervous. I was shaking and everything about the video is quite awful.But it did pave the way onto my improved content today.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was for personal reasons which is kinda why I forced my sister to be in it with me. I'm a bit nervous to hear the comments when those role in but at the same time I feel if I want to create videos I should not be nervous to do it.

Envision Adventure

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yea, I was really nervous when first started making videos. Was really uncomfortable and awkward when I tried to film something. Was even more nervous about vlogging around other people.