We're in the 'how to and style' section but should we be?

Safari James

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys.

We're pretty new to YT. Our videos are mainly cooking but with a bit of fun, reviews and a few hacks.

I was putting our vids into separate categories to start with (what seemed the most relevant) but some guy on the creator studio said to keep all your channels vids in one section.

We not put them all in 'how to and style' but it just seems to be full of make up tips.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: amberly

EmilyJM

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I certainly wouldn't keep my videos in the same section if it didn't belong there. For example, if I made a gaming video just for fun, it would still go in gaming rather than people & vlogs which is where all of mine go right now so that advice seems silly :/

Reactions: Safari James

Safari James

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's what I thought but apparently it means you will get better known or rated higher if you concentrate in one section rather than spreading them about. But should cooking be in how to and style anyway?

Subbed you by the way....we're on 49

DoThatTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Either keep it in Entertainment or How To. Entertainment is very general for everything so its safe to put them in that categorize.

Mayav

Reaction score
don't feel restricted by the categories do whatever fits best. I think cooking videos fit in how to and style but they could probably be in education aswell if they are more funny than tutorial then try them in entertainment :') x

Safari James

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll experiment.

amberly

What a mug I am
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
Yeh don't stress out. I put most of mine in comedy even though sometimes I teach things aswell