Weird Youtube and Stitcher Problem

zhkopec

I've Got It
Reaction score
I'm having this weird problem with a client where we launched a podcast on Anchor.fm(link), but there is also a Stitcher account(link) out there that seems to have automatically ripped our youtube videos(link).

I've gone through the sitcher site, youtube, and anchor settings but can't find out what is doing it. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I'm having this weird problem with a client where we launched a podcast on Anchor.fm(link), but there is also a Stitcher account(link) out there that seems to have automatically ripped our youtube videos(link).

I've gone through the sitcher site, youtube, and anchor settings but can't find out what is doing it. Does anyone have any experience with this?
My guess is that it is Stitcher doing it in order to fill up their website with content. They probably have a bot that scrapes YouTube and uploads the audio and all the metadata to their own platform. Definitely not very ethical and an infringement of your client's copyright.

My advice would be to contact Stitcher ( https://www.stitcher.com/contact-us ) and tell them to remove your content.

Reactions: zhkopec

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
If your YouTube settings for video sharing are active (allow embedding box is checked), then this is neither unethical as @Crown has implied, nor a copyright infringement. Checking this box in your Advanced Edit option, is giving specific permission for your videos to be embedded into other web sites.

Unchecking the box will prevent such scraping from occurring; however, your client will not be able to share his/her own videos via embeds either. You can still contact Stitcher and ask them to remove your content; but if you've deliberately allowed embedding, they have the right to protest on the grounds I've mentioned above, or simply ignore your request.