Weird new YouTube "health" trend

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
  • YouTubers are posting videos of themselves practicing 'urine therapy', which is the process of drinking your own urine for medicinal purposes
  • Some, like US-based YouTuber and mother Rain Florence, are not only drinking their urine but are also massaging it onto their face as a skincare alternative
  • The bizarre health trend has sparked furious controversy online, with many viewers taking to Twitter to criticize the YouTubers and their theories

Health-obsessed YouTubers are filming themselves drinking their own urine in order to promote what they say are the many benefits that this bizarre process offers - including its use as a cure for a variety of diseases and disorders.

The process of drinking your own pee is actually a part of the alternative medicine known as urine therapy where you drink human urine or massage it onto the skin because it apparently detoxes your entire body while curing it of any illnesses.

Whatever the health benefits may be, health bloggers are eating the new trend up and are posting videos where they not only drink their own urine they slather it all over their faces and even massage it into their scalps.

Video:

Full article / source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5441649/YouTubers-drink-URINE-cures-anything.html#ixzz58PEskwg8
Rain Florence's Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHuQbufcFHM7LsSMPYqvbPQ

Thoughts? !!

Reactions: CristyTango

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
Nope. This is a fetish under the guise of a health trend. You know all those new rules! :giggle:

I don't get it though. You would think that the reason that you pee stuff out is because you don't need it. Could you not detox with something like water instead? I mean, I guess I get the putting it on your face part because can't pee be made into ammonia somehow and can't you use ammonia for acne or something? So I guess that "makes sense" BUT STILL. Next thing you know poop is going to be a great mask for hair... :poop:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
This is a fetish under the guise of a health trend.
I think you're right. I didn't think of that. I have heard of drinking it for health benefits before and I can't see anyone getting excited about watching that, but the rubbing it on her face could be targeting fetishes, yeah. Wow, there are some weird people on the interweb. It's a scary place lol.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
definitely a 'non food item' imo.. an if your thinking of leaving this forum, to drinks some yellow stuff, uhoohExtra says "No" :stop2:

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That’s just gross! I know a lot of those health gurus on YouTube go way to far, just like a lot of the vegan YouTubers for example the banna girl she eats so many bananas a day and she attacks people who aren’t vegan calling them killers.

Reactions: Crown

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
That’s just gross! I know a lot of those health gurus on YouTube go way to far, just like a lot of the vegan YouTubers for example the banna girl she eats so many bananas a day and she attacks people who aren’t vegan calling them killers.
but have you seen her collab with Shane and Trish from a while ago? I actually liked that. and I think she's cooled it on being nasty to people, but I could be wrong. I don't watch her, but the last video I did see with her reacting to a video about water fasting, she was pretty tame. I didn't watch the whole thing though. It was really long.[DOUBLEPOST=1519848516,1519848471][/DOUBLEPOST]
A spinoff to the urine injection fad. PSA: Don't do it.
Part of me wants to google this, but I might just wait until you enlighten us all :p