Weird Comments

aussj4link

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So every now and then I'll get comments on my videos from people saying very simple things. Positive things mostly, but extremely general. Like "Good video" or "Nice work". The strangest part of this is that a few videos now have been uploaded for only a few minutes and get comments like this despite the video being 30 minutes long. So I'm wondering if they are just some kind of bots that comment, on random videos, very general things. What use can this have? Is it in hopes that I'll look at their channel? It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough to make me wonder what they would gain from it.

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
It is possible they are bots. I know that is how some people market their own channels. They go to recently uploaded videos and comment on as many as they can on the chance that people check out their channel. Maybe that is it?

Reactions: aussj4link

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Its just spam, they watch the 1st 2 seconds and leave a simple comment. Just hide the comments. Those channels hurt your channel more than help as the Youtube Algorithm is watching the watch time per video and those bots will just drop that amount.

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've got a couple of those. Its most likely people trying to promote their channel. Its sketchy but u can just ignore them.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have gotten the same comment on 5 different videos only seconds apart, when the videos are over 2 minutes long. Which as you can see, it´s either a bot or a spammer who doesn´t watch the whole video! Which is a big shame!

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Some people do that, and I know for a fact I have subscribers that do that as well. Either way, hitting that like button is hard enough, commenting is the next level. And I appreciate them all, short or long. I prefer the occasional wall of text that contains praise of epic proportions. WINNING!

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think it's either people who have subscriptions they just kind of plow through in a subsub hopeful kind of way (or spam kind of way) or people who just like to be the first to comment on something, or bots. Mostly, I just say, "Thanks," to that sort of thing and move right on.

Daisyah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
most likely especially if they are like " And can you also check out my channel they would be great." most likely they probably didn't even watch the video and are just spamming you

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
most likely especially if they are like " And can you also check out my channel they would be great." most likely they probably didn't even watch the video and are just spamming you
But I wonder, how do they know where to post? Maybe through this forum, or randomly visiting recently uploaded videos (if there's such a feature)?

Reactions: Daisyah