Weekends sucks for Youtubers?

James Doppler

Sir Trollingsworth the 7th
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
I think it depends on where you advertise and the traffic to that area. For instance, if you posted it in an active Facebook group on a Friday night when people who are more introverted (not judging, I fit that description) are more likely to be out of work and on the web, it could get lost in the flood.

That being said, if you manage to stick your hand out above that flood where people can see it, you'll get a lot of views. It's all hit or miss, though.

Helen Czap

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I haven't found a good time and day to upload. I've been uploading on Sundays whenever I finish editing my video and today I just uploaded a video a few hours ago. I don't see a difference at all. I guess it really depends on the content.

AmuseYourBrain

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes i have the same problem. For me best is wednesday :) . Wish you all best luck every day to have much more views :)

Alexander Hoff

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I think it's the opposite for me actually haha! I usually get more views on the weekends. Not a lot, but it's definitely noticible :).

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just checked my analytics and it seems my views spike in the weekends. But that is also because when I upload it usually is on the weekend. And whatever day you upload you'll see your baseline views and the new video views together which results in a spike. I do get random spikes at times, when one video gains a bunch of views because it was shared on a forum somewhere. Nothing crazy though.

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I usually post videos on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday if I can! There's a lot more people playing World of Warcraft and searching for related videos on those 3 nights because those are the main days that people raid, PvP, and play WoW. Friday-Saturday can sometimes pop off, but not nearly as much as Tuesday through Thursday. Monday and Tuesday morning are dead because the servers go through a reset/maintenance so players leave to go do real life things, or play another game.

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It´s weekend and that´s great, but do any of you have this problem? Your videos are not being watched in the weekends? I see it every weekend (especially Fridays and Saturdays) I do not get many views these days. Is it the same with you?

Anyways, have a nice weekend:)
I suspect it's your upload times that are the problem if that's the case. Friday is going to be a peak day for most any type of video if you time the release right.

I always get the most views on Friday. Saturday is usually a decently good day too. Sunday can vary, some weeks it's one of my better days, other weeks it's worse than weekdays.

If it helps, I release my videos at 8PM Central European Time. About 3 hours later at ~11PM I get my first peak in views, when I'm getting a lot of views both from EU folks who're now home for the evening, and from US folks who're watching from work/have the day off/etc. Then a couple of hours after that, around ~1AM my views start to dip because a lot of the EU viewers have left, but only a couple of hours later at ~3AM they pick up again as more US viewers tune in. At around 5-6AM I have another even larger peak when a lot of US viewers are watching.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Weekends are good for me, starting on Friday afternoon.. People start looking for info on off-road trails they plan on hitting on the weekend, so my views go up.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If it helps, I release my videos at 8PM Central European Time. About 3 hours later at ~11PM I get my first peak in views, when I'm getting a lot of views both from EU folks who're now home for the evening, and from US folks who're watching from work/have the day off/etc. Then a couple of hours after that, around ~1AM my views start to dip because a lot of the EU viewers have left, but only a couple of hours later at ~3AM they pick up again as more US viewers tune in. At around 5-6AM I have another even larger peak when a lot of US viewers are watching.
Thanks. I will keep this in mind for my next upload:)