Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Website/Blog

Discussion in 'Strategies & Technique Advice' started by Pixel & Bracket, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Pixel & Bracket
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $115
    I'm curious how many of you have a website/blog associated with your YouTube channel? I'm building mine out soon as another way that my audience can find me, but I was wondering if there are any stories out there in favor or against it?

2. The NotARubicon!
    NotARubicon Productions
    Cash:
    $57
    For my channel i have a website setup as a place where people can find the videos via search or where I can easily send them to watch my videos because it's easier to say "go to my website and click the Watch Videos button" than it is to tell them how to find me on Youtube (for people that dont use Youtube a lot).
    I have also found that the website gets traffic/video views on its own, so people are searching and finding my videos in regular Google Search.
    I say it's good to have it..

Pixel & Bracket likes this.
  3. Pixel & Bracket
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $115
    Awesome just checked it out, is yours custom built or did you use the likes of Squarespace/Wordpress/etc...?

4. The NotARubicon!
    NotARubicon Productions
    Cash:
    $57
    It's built on the Wordpress framework. Did it myself. I own a small hosting company, so I host it also.

5. Brandon
    VISUAL.
    Cash:
    $56
    I have a website associated with a professional YouTube channel that I use as a digital resume to go alongside for my portfolio. But I don't use it to build an "audience," only to get jobs lmao. Which I did. However I do think it is a good idea to have a website associated with your channel at some point. Because it helps boost your rankings in Google search engines.

Because of this, if you were to google my real name, I am the few listings on googles index.

6. MrWhiskers
    FreakStyle Gaming
    Cash:
    $9
    I have my own website associated with my YouTube channel as well. I have the link displayed up where my channel art is with my other links.

7. Pixel & Bracket
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $115
    Interesting different usage so far. I'm working on a Squarespace page, hoping to drive traffic between my channel and blog.

8. MrWhiskers
    FreakStyle Gaming
    Cash:
    $9
    I run my site with Wordpress.

9. The NotARubicon!
    NotARubicon Productions
    Cash:
    $57
    You can make some great/beautiful websites on Squarespace.. Problem is though, if you ever grow out of it, it's nearly (if not fully) impossible to move to a (real) host/convert to Wordpress.. You are basically married with little hope for a divorce.

10. TylersMagic
    YTtalk Mad
    I've associated my website with my YouTube channel, but I really don't link to it a lot. My website isn't very fancy and it is more for getting magic gigs irl. Where my channel is just casual magic videos for fun. I was trying to work on maybe setting my store up on my site and linking to it on YouTube, but I don't have that figured out so I just link to the actual store (hosted on a different site).