Webcam vs Phone camera

DamzyGaming

Should I use my webcam (Logitech C310 (720p) or my phones camera (Samsung galaxy s6 edge) to record videos in front of my computer? I am going to be using my table mic either way, think it'll be better to use my phone camera considering the quality is better? Or will it be hard to sync the audio/video up? Thoughts?

Go with whatever makes the best video quality. I don't think you should have a mic/audio issue either way! :) If you end up using your phone and have issues then for your next video you can try your webcam and see if it is better!

Your phone is probably gonna be better quality.
Go with whatever makes the best video quality. I don't think you should have a mic/audio issue either way! :) If you end up using your phone and have issues then for your next video you can try your webcam and see if it is better!
Thanks for the help :)

If you can. Record with your phone and record with a mic if you have one and sync them together in edit. Clap at the beginning, something like that.
Your phone should be 1080 60 which is miles better than a webcam at 720 30.

I actually just had this problem recently and figured it out; your phone quality is going to be way better than a webcam so using your phone is the best way to go! I just got into using a facecam for my videos and I'm now using my iPhone 6S so record my facecam since it's less grainy and better quality than my webcam.

Try them both and see which is better/easier to deal with. I dont see why it would be hard to sync the audio unless you are recording from a mic to a separate device, but even then in most software syncing is easy.
FWIW, 95% of our videos are recorded on smartphones (several different iPhones).

It depends if your phone camera has good quality, i use my camera which records in 1080p but i usually record in 720p which is good enough for me :), thats my opinion :)

Back