We need some Advice !!

WWKD 2

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So my Girlfriend and I have a Youtube channel and we do videos on us pranking each other and doing various challenges. It feels like we have hit a brick wall as of now, we can't seem too figure out why we get views but not very many likes. Also our subscribers are moving slow we started back in January and it was already a struggle getting to 100 now 1k seems like forever. I do some promoting on our videos on reddit, but it feels like it just brings useless traffic more people watching, but not really engaging. I've found some subreddits that are geared towards our niche but there aren't too many unless I haven't seen them all. What are everyone else's strategies as far as promoting and getting feedback to your channel. Also with tags are they really useful? I do use tags and stack my videos with them, but only a few videos I see them actually working. Maybe because the tags constantly are trending I'm not sure. Can you guys give us a 100% honest review on quality of our overall videos. I feel like we aren't doing enough to pull in a consistent crowd, but I can't quite but my finger on it and need everyone's help. Honest reviews and critiques please. Just want to bounce some Ideas off everyone thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Chris Miciano

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Tags are important and have helped me grow. I used Google keywords to find the right tags. Also I like to used the Google TubeBuddy plugin to see how the tags are performing. Check out TubeBuddy if you haven't already.

Also have you tried to run a giveaway through Gleam?

Reactions: WWKD 2

WWKD 2

Reaction score
YES! I do use tube buddy and love it now as far as seeing the rank and competition for certain titles does it change by the time of day? Also I will have to look at google keywords and check out that tactic thank you !

Justin West

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you ask people to subscribe? Just as importantly, do you use the word "because" when you ask for descriptions? You should check out the study in Influence by Robert Cialdini for the reason why this is so powerful. It doesn't even matter if your reason makes sense. Saying "Please subscribe because [fill in the blank]" will massively increase conversions.

Also, make sure you ask in the beginning of your video because otherwise many viewers will leave before seeing your call to action.

Reactions: WWKD 2

Histor-E

Reaction score
I noticed in the newest video you had #ITSWARBABY at the very bottom. Maybe you can make that a weekly series and if one person can get the other to cry or something they get a point. That way you can advertise it as "choose a side" and at the end of the month who ever has the least amount of points has to complete a challenge like singing in public. Maybe that's a way to help push comments "I'm with her".

WWKD 2

Reaction score
Do you ask people to subscribe? Just as importantly, do you use the word "because" when you ask for descriptions? You should check out the study in Influence by Robert Cialdini for the reason why this is so powerful. It doesn't even matter if your reason makes sense. Saying "Please subscribe because [fill in the blank]" will massively increase conversions.

Also, make sure you ask in the beginning of your video because otherwise many viewers will leave before seeing your call to action.
Wow yeah I can agree I’m surprised I haven’t really thought of that my girlfriend and I are now brainstorming for different call to actions for our channel thank you so much for the advice I appreciate for than you know ![DOUBLEPOST=1515694770,1515694684][/DOUBLEPOST]
I noticed in the newest video you had #ITSWARBABY at the very bottom. Maybe you can make that a weekly series and if one person can get the other to cry or something they get a point. That way you can advertise it as "choose a side" and at the end of the month who ever has the least amount of points has to complete a challenge like singing in public. Maybe that's a way to help push comments "I'm with her".
I absolutely love this you have helped bring so many ideas into my head from this one suggestion we will be putting to good use thank you so much !

Reactions: Justin West

Justin West

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow yeah I can agree I’m surprised I haven’t really thought of that my girlfriend and I are now brainstorming for different call to actions for our channel thank you so much for the advice I appreciate for than you
Awesome! Here's my full recommendations for a "flexible and effective" call to action:

1. Try to have at least two CTAs (calls to action) in each video, one early in the video and one nearer to the end. It can also be helpful to consider where viewers usually drop off in videos, and consider putting a CTA near that point if it doesn’t awkwardly break up the video.

2. Always use the word “because” after asking for anything. It’s a psychological hack that removes resistance to requests because it solves the automatic “search for a reason” function in the viewer’s brain

3. Leave the calls to action generic so different offers can be promoted with different campaigns in the future.

1. Good = “Check out the link popping up on your screen now, and don’t forget to check out the links in the description of this video. Also please subscribe, because I can’t keep making videos without subscribers!” (this is evergreen, we can change the links, and the YouTube popup can change if they decide that, remember annotations?)

2. Bad = “Click the link here in the top right corner of your screen to download the XYZ Guide and click the link in the description to sign up for next Saturday’s webinar.” (This is irrelevant later on and leaves no flexibility, also YouTube may move where cards show on the screen later.)
  4. Don’t point at areas of the screen, YouTube could change their setup at any time.

5. You can record a standard CTA clip and copy it into your videos at your intro and anywhere that you feel viewers may start to drop off

6. Video description links are some of the most effective links to drive traffic, but as with anything, the more choices someone has the less likely they are to choose. Limiting links in this area will increase clicks and help people focus. Links can be changed and rotated as necessary for various campaigns, and a great tool for this is TubeBuddy.com. Consider the video description as high quality real estate.
Enjoy!