"We haven't been able to process your counter notification given the information you have provided us."

Matero

Reaction score
Hello,
I have submitted a counter-notification and got that answer from YouTube:

Dear ----,
We haven't been able to process your counter notification given the information you have provided us.
A counter notification must include several specific elements in order to be complete. If you would like to re-submit yours, you can click copyright strike to the right of your video in your copyright notices. From there you can select submit counter notification.
Please keep in mind that when submitting a counter notification, you consent to having your personal information revealed to the original claimant. Please also note that this legal process requires the claimant to sue you to prevent the content from being restored to YouTube.

- The YouTube Team
Counter-Notification as follows:
Videos included in counter-notification:

The problem is I believe I included any information needed to forward the counter-notice to the claimant. Here's my counter-notification:

Hello,
I would like to submit a counter-notification for my video that was removed as a result of a mistake or misidentification.

Full Name: M----- K------
E-mail Address: myemialaddress@gmail.com
Physical Address: Leusderweg 59, 3817 KB Amersfoort
Telephone Number: +31-----------
Video URL: www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkrsbxAi95Q

I received a copyright strike issued by the '-------' channel but the video in question is public domain and according to YouTube's Terms of Service, public domain videos are allowed for upload. And most importantly - the video in question does not belong to the '-------' channel that submitted the copyright strike. The channel that issued the takedown does not own the copyright for the video. Moreover, the material is transformative, it adds a new meaning to the original and is non-commercial. The material did not take away revenue or views from the original work.

I consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the district in which my address is located, or if my address is outside of the United States, the judicial district in which YouTube is located, and will accept service of process from the claimant.

I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.

M----- K-------

As you can see all the information required (https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6005919) is given.

In fact, the channel that issued the takedown does not own the copyrights for the video. It is simply a personal vendetta. They just want me out of YouTube so they have been submitting copyright notifications - and sadly, they succeeded. So, if you have any ideas on how should I re-submit the Counter-Notification, please let me know. I'm really out of ideas now.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
What actually was the content of this video, as it is obviously not in the English language, who was the claimant, and what is your basis for stating the content is in the Public Domain? Just because the claimant doesn't own the copyright doesn't automatically give the content PD Status.

An incorrect claim of Public Domain Status might be enough to invalidate a counter-notification. Another issue is that you have claimed both Public Domain and Fair Use.

Both can't be correct; it must be one or the other.