We Finally Made It... to the Big Leagues...

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What do I consider the big league? When the following two things happen:

1. someone copies your exact original video idea and makes it into a video
2. someone downloads then re-uploads your video trying to leech your views

I take the first event as an honor that someone thought highly enough of our idea to make their own video. And also credit us in the description.

But I must say, when I first saw the thumbnail, the thought went through my head "What? Who made that video? Was it my wife when I wasn't home? Can't be!" Then it was "Hey that's not my kid!!"

Untitled.jpg

The second event, the blatant re-upload, I don't take kindly to. "asfa asf" has been reported for copyright infringement.

Untitled2.jpg

Looks like a new job needs to be added to channel maintenance from now on - looking for crooks stealing our videos.

Untitled3.jpg

Last edited:

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
toy channels are rife with this sort of thing, think of the first person that made elsa pregnant. the sheer amount of copy videos is crazy.

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Mind if I copy? Need a boost in SEO too :biggrin:

Jokes aside, the sad thing is that the uploader has already earned hundreds of bucks off them. Really no shame.

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Welcome to the club!
Once upon a time we were also toys channel!

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What do I consider the big league? When the following two things happen:

1. someone copies your exact original video idea and makes it into a video
2. someone downloads then re-uploads your video trying to leech your views

I take the first event as an honor that someone thought highly enough of our idea to make their own video. And also credit us in the description.

But I must say, when I first saw the thumbnail, the thought went through my head "What? Who made that video? Was it my wife when I wasn't home? Can't be!" Then it was "Hey that's not my kid!!"

View attachment 38249

The second event, the blatant re-upload, I don't take kindly to. "asfa asf" has been reported for copyright infringement.

View attachment 38250

Looks like a new job needs to be added to channel maintenance from now on - looking for crooks stealing our videos.

View attachment 38251
Haha congratulations indeed! The reupload guy though didn't gain much out of it.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
One point two million views! Wow! I thought 5000 was a big deal!

BettinaStaana

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You know what the say , imitation is the best form of flattery! Or something like that haha. It sucks they profited from your hard work, hope their video is taken down soon. On the other hand, congrats on getting to the big leagues. ;)

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I really don't understand why the hell someone would download a youtube video and upload it. Thats literally the dumbest thing ever.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
This happens a lot unfortunately. It's good you have a watermark on your videos. It makes claims simpler.

What's really really annoying is when the thief reuploads the stolen content and puts it under the "Creative Commons" license. Your copyrighted content then appears in the public domain search and that's when the floodgates open.[DOUBLEPOST=1477073449][/DOUBLEPOST]
I really don't understand why the hell someone would download a youtube video and upload it. Thats literally the dumbest thing ever.

To make money for zero work and zero investment. And even if they don't monetize, they use the video to drive views to their channel and to their other videos which are monetized.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Plagiarism really makes me mad. I can't stand it! Someone once stole a blog post I did about halal meat, they changed some words to make it sound as if all muslims are evil blah blah blah. Then they re published it on their muslim bashing blog! And to top it off....gave ME credit for it! So I was like...nah, na ah. Got google involved and they took it down, and his blog too. What happened to you is exactly what happened to Emma Blackery a few weeks ago, someone literally stole her video idea and copied it, and gave no credit at all. If someone copied one of my videos (not that they would) I'd expect credit for the inspiration.

Reactions: Crown