Rails2Revolution

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey folks,

You see, I've got a website solely for my channel. It's definitely not something I regret because I use it as a way to link annotations that I can then redirect to any website I need (Facebook, twitter, etc. as annotations basically). Plus it means no pesky troll could ever take my url in the future.

However recently I've just felt like I'm under-using the website. I've put all the general info things like, contact pages, FAQ, even a video player on the homepage that plays the most recent upload, but there's really nothing here that actually does extra to help. I thought about making a blog section hoping articles may bring in new audiences, but after trying it out, honestly the time it takes to make a blog post I could just be making YouTube videos.

What do you guys think? If you had a website lying around that you could do whatever with, well... what would you do?

AlexGotBeats

Blessed & Cursed
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Well i'm making mine into business once its launched in september which is the only reason why i would need my own website has nothing to do with youtube besides being directed from it as one of the sources. Its going to be one of those e-commerce type websites where you can shop and everything. Thats something i'm getting a website for.

Rails2Revolution

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well i'm making mine into business once its launched in september which is the only reason why i would need my own website has nothing to do with youtube besides being directed from it as one of the sources. Its going to be one of those e-commerce type websites where you can shop and everything. Thats something i'm getting a website for.
Sounds like a great plan, good luck with that. How much time do you think you'd be dedicating to it?