MedTerms

Liking YTtalk
From the standpoint of earning subscribers, watermarks are really working for me. Thanks to 504RoadTrips' suggestion of adding a "subscribe" button to the watermark, we've seen a sharp increase in the rate that subscribers are being added. It took many edits to get the graphics just right, but very pleased with the result.

I've had a subscribe watermark on my videos for months now and I'm not seeing a change at all.

I've had a subscribe watermark on my videos for months now and I'm not seeing a change at all.

The plain "subscribe" button did not work for me either, but then I put myself in my audience's shoes...one year ago, I had no idea that clicking somewhere on a YouTube video could open a link!

I'm still not sure whether using a "subscribe" button as a channel branding watermark is compliant with the YT TOS.
Did anyone yet get a community guideline strike for mimicking part of the YT UI (what that red "Subscribe" button indeed is)?

I'm still not sure whether using a "subscribe" button as a channel branding watermark is compliant with the YT TOS.
Did anyone yet get a community guideline strike for mimicking part of the YT UI (what that red "Subscribe" button indeed is)?

I looked into it and didn't find any TOS violation in using a subscribe button (YT even has a place that you can download the code for one). Also found multiple instructional videos on how to do this. Then again, I'm not a legal expert, so take my opinion for what it's worth.

Last edited:
I use a subscribe watermark too and no doubt that it´s has increased my subscriber number:up2: Interesting channel you got my the way.. I really like your animation videos. do you make them yourself and what kind of software do you use?? I kind of into animation too but not the same niche as you though.

That was new to me. Thanks!
You're welcome[DOUBLEPOST=1526639291,1526639272][/DOUBLEPOST]
I use a subscribe watermark too and no doubt that it´s has increased my subscriber number:up2: Interesting channel you got my the way.. I really like your animation videos. do you make them yourself and what kind of software do you use?? I kind of into animation too but not the same niche as you though.

Thanks. Oh I wouldn't know the first thing about doing animation myself - I buy them!

that's really interesting! i haven't noticed many of the Youtubers i'm subscribed to doing this... or maybe it's there and i never pay attention?

Yes, I'm now recognizing them more myself, in videos that I watch.

I think the point is to design it in a way that draws attention and shows viewers what to do.

Back