Watermarks or without

AmuseYourBrain

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello. I'm thinking to put brand watermarks on every video. What experiences you have, and do you think is smart to do that? I meant do you think watermark is annoying when you watch videos? Thank you

AmuseYourBrain

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you. Yes i was thinking in that direction. I will

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I put a bug on every video. Recently I've been customizing them for each video to for its theme. It's fun and if anyone tries to copy, everyone will know they stole it

Daisyah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's only annoying when it's super huge and out there. If you do it keep it small and subtle. You can also create one and add it on YouTube it'll automatically be put on every video you post if you do it that way.

Famous

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
If you're thinking of a watermark to protect your work against theft, they're often easy to remove or obscure, and a watermark for brand recognition, like was said, could be a distraction to the viewer. What might be cool though, would be to integrate your name into your videos. Take your "Murder, Not An Accident" video... on the cop car, rather than it saying "Police" it could say "Amuse Your Brain" and the "P" over the star changed to "AYB". It's subtle, but crosses right in the viewers line of sight... a powerful place. It's moving, which makes it hard to remove... more protection. And if each of your videos were to have a cop car or ambulance or fire truck, etc. crossing the screen, viewers might become intrigued by the novelty and look forward to it as part of the fun of watching your videos... like the Easter eggs in Pixar movies. And, they'll know if they see a video like yours, but don't see your name on the side of a vehicle, that it's not an Amuse Your Brain video.

Reactions: Brandon

Lekjih

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've just added the corner mark that youtube will do for you. If you hover over it it brings up the option to subscribe so I wanted to see if it upped subs~

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I started doing it after too many people were grabbing screen-shots of themselves in our videos and sharing them on Facebook. I dont mind them doing that but now with the watermark at least now it has my brand on it (most aren't smart enough or are too lazy to try and remove it)