Watermark???

Doveranalyst

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian, Reviewer
Hi, guys, can anyone tell me what should be the dimensions (size) of the watermark? When I upload it, it is a little too huge for the 16:9 ratio frame. I want it to sit tiny at right hand corner like other youtubers.

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Simply add a transparent border to it. This will then scale the displayed image down.

Doveranalyst

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian, Reviewer
The whole image is on a transparent background. Will check the video, though. Thanks.

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Well instead of adding a transparent border you could also scale down the visible portion but keep the image's size.

Reactions: CelyD87

CelyD87

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well instead of adding a transparent border you could also scale down the visible portion but keep the image's size.
Hi there, how can I add a transparent border? Do I need a specific editing program or does Youtube offer it?

Rolz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What is a transparent border? I mean how can you see a transparent border if it's transparent? I used 800 x 800 for my watermark![DOUBLEPOST=1479539087,1479538785][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi there, how can I add a transparent border? Do I need a specific editing program or does Youtube offer it?
If you upload a picture with a transparent background it will show up transparent as your watermark. My watermark was not transparent (didn't have a transparent background) so mine shows up like a full picture. In other words if you have a picture with an already existing transparent background (.png is a common format) then yes Youtube will keep it like this and you wont need to make a transparent background.

CelyD87

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What is a transparent border? I mean how can you see a transparent border if it's transparent? I used 800 x 800 for my watermark![DOUBLEPOST=1479539087,1479538785][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you upload a picture with a transparent background it will show up transparent as your watermark. My watermark was not transparent (didn't have a transparent background) so mine shows up like a full picture. In other words if you have a picture with an already existing transparent background (.png is a common format) then yes Youtube will keep it like this and you wont need to make a transparent background.
Nice, do you know how I can make a transparent background?

Rolz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nice, do you know how I can make a transparent background?
I'm pretty sure you can use any photo editing software. I can explain it for Gimp and PS.
With Gimp (I find easier) just drop your image into the work area and right click on it (in the layer area) and select add alpha channel, now select your image and erase whatever you want to be transparent (i.e the once colorful background) > save as .png

With PS I would say create a new image/file with a transparent background (make this file the size you would like your logo/watermark to be) and then drop your image onto this (i.e it will be a new layer) then just select (and scale - if need be) this image layer and erase whatever it is you dont want showing up in your final image, file and save as .png.

Reactions: CelyD87 and XXLRay

CelyD87

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm pretty sure you can use any photo editing software. I can explain it for Gimp and PS.
With Gimp (I find easier) just drop your image into the work area and right click on it (in the layer area) and select add alpha channel, now select your image and erase whatever you want to be transparent (i.e the once colorful background) > save as .png

With PS I would say create a new image/file with a transparent background (make this file the size you would like your logo/watermark to be) and then drop your image onto this (i.e it will be a new layer) then just select (and scale - if need be) this image layer and erase whatever it is you dont want showing up in your final image, file and save as .png.
Thank you for the reply! I actually figured out how to do it using Picmonkey. I bought Photoshop but it seems so complicated hehe im sure with time I will get the hang of it. I have been watching tutorials but still seems complex. So far picmonkey has been great for me as far as it being user friendly but would love some of the effects you can get from photoshop.

My Dixie ReKt

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use Photoshop or cinema 4d for anything animated related. You can get premade templates which are very handy for a quick watermark or banner or whatever haha :)