Watched minutes up by 30% but not increase in revenue. Why?

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I released some new videos in the last couple weeks that has drawn a lot of activity to my channel and boosted my watch minutes from 70,000 (28 days) to over 100,000. My views have jumped over 5,000 points too. And these are not just for my latest videos, but all across the board.

The problem is there has been almost no effect in my estimated earnings. It was right around $30 before this, and it is still there. My earnings have pretty much not changed since January, even though all my other factors have climb a lot since then. There have been a couple days it jumped a dollar or so, but it has pretty much remained unchanged.

This makes no sense to me. More views, and especially more watch minutes, should result in more earnings. Even my watch minutes average has had about a 25% jump and that has still not effected my earnings.

In fact, in the last week, my earning have been declining, even though my channel is all time record territory in every other factor.

Can anyone help me understand this, because it just does not seem right to me? Thanks.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Well, my viewed minutes are now at 107,000 (up from 70,000) and my views are at 30,000 (up from 24,000), but my earnings estimate has not moved 25 cents from where it was.

What is going on?

Grass Daddy

Reaction score
OK so I loaded one of your videos, it had no ad load, and had a warning about graphic content.

Most likely you are being affected by the new ad changes. Many advertisers were boycotting YouTube because their ads were shown on content they didn't want to be affiliated with. If you have a graphic content warning, most likely YouTube is marking your videos as potentially problematic and not showing ads.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
OK so I loaded one of your videos, it had no ad load, and had a warning about graphic content.

Most likely you are being affected by the new ad changes. Many advertisers were boycotting YouTube because their ads were shown on content they didn't want to be affiliated with. If you have a graphic content warning, most likely YouTube is marking your videos as potentially problematic and not showing ads.
This is besides the point. My channel is making money, so ads are running.

The question is not whether ads or running. I am making money, so that is established fact. My channel content has not changed and is currently making money, so my content is not the problem (why do I have to explain what can be deduced by simple logic).

The question is, why are my earnings not going up, when my channel traffic has incteased by 40%? That is the question?[DOUBLEPOST=1492103153,1492096313][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay. I found the answer myself. I created a new thread so everyone can read the answer.

Grass Daddy

Reaction score
lol why ask in the forum if you know everything? If your videos are monetized why didn't ads load?