Watch Dogs Policy

TheFNetwork

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello everyone hope you're well. I'm sure you know by now there are hundreds if not thousands of videos available on YouTube about Watch Dogs. Some of which are based on "Campaign" or "Story Mode".

I've done some research and found an article posted by Ubisoft regarding YouTube Policy.

I emailed Ubisoft and received a reply within few hours. They stated there's a chance of the content ID matching the video which will result in Copyright strike etc.

My question is how come some YouTuber's are able to include the full scenery parts, whereas others are not able to do so?

Thanks,

TheFNetwork

unknown_user7464664647

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
"You are free to monetize your videos via the YouTube partner program and similar programs on other video sharing sites. " It's on their blog post.

I don't think there's any problem with the cutscenes themselves (unless you're uploading the cutscenes by themselves, that's usually a big no) but it might be the music on the radio (or in general) which Ubisoft does not own.

TheFNetwork

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey ShiftHappens thanks for your reply bud. Yea I read the same blog post and wasn't too sure so contacted them. Most YouTuber's include the full scenery parts within the gameplays and always refer to the blog post all of whom who haven't had any problem. I've disabled the sound track on radio etc just to be on safe side.

NerdByte

OFFICIAL YTtalk FIRST AIDER
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Most of the time, this policy doesn't apply unless you upload raw gameplay footage without any voice over :) I have to videos on my channel of the PS4 Exclusive Missions and I haven't got a content id so thumbs up to that :D

TheFNetwork

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey Outsideingamer thanks for your reply. When you say "raw gameplay footage" can you elaborate on that mate. Do you mean directly upload the game without any commentary?
Because I've only uploaded one video on Watch Dogs with introduction and the rest of the video is my gameplay, its been almsot 24 hours and no sign of Content ID :)

BTW, I got the exclusive ps4 mission but how do I activate it? lols sorry for being a noob bud

NerdByte

OFFICIAL YTtalk FIRST AIDER
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Outsideingamer thanks for your reply. When you say "raw gameplay footage" can you elaborate on that mate. Do you mean directly upload the game without any commentary?
Because I've only uploaded one video on Watch Dogs with introduction and the rest of the video is my gameplay, its been almsot 24 hours and no sign of Content ID :)

BTW, I got the exclusive ps4 mission but how do I activate it? lols sorry for being a noob bud
Hey man, sometimes the Content ID doesnt show up - just can happen so your most likely safe.

As for the PS4 Exclusive, its on the map (Press touch pad) and its in the bootom half of the map, i cant remember the icon but it will say exclusive content then CTRL on it - once completed, its just of finding the second part on the pap and so on :)

TheFNetwork

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The content ID usually appears after few hours when a new video has been posted I think. Because if I remember correctly it happened to my friend few months ago.
Majority of Watch Dogs Gameplays include scenery parts. I think I will need to sit down with the team and discuss...

In regards with the PS4 content mate, thanks. I was on the correct path then. The last misson I did on the exclusive content was to purchase a new outfit after which the exclusive content disappeared. To be honest, it was 60 minutes unless I missed something out?

Jaguar550

Not without Vakarian!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I uploaded 16 parts of the story mode(included with cutscenes) and no signs of content id claims. I think you need to be careful with music(radio songs). Just disable them and you should be fine:) Don't do cutscenes(like making a movie) thats absolute NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

TheFNetwork

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey Jaguar550 thanks for your response mate. Looks like there's no issue on including scenery parts within the gameplays. Yea I agree with you mate if only uploading scenery parts then certainly Content ID will come into play.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
One detail about the music. Turning off the "song" volume option in the menu will handle most of it. There are a few sections of the game that have background music that is licensed anyways though as well. So you may have to edit those portions out or turn off in game music entirely.