Was It Hard Getting Started?

Reaction score
Hey guys, since i kinda ' pressed the reset button' as it were and created a solo account i can't get views. I know i only have one video up at the minute and i realise that it is incredibly random lol but i was just wondering really how you guys decided to do what you do and if you found it hard to get your channel some views?

Future History Projects

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I love youtube and watched a lot of youtube videos from 2 years ago. Slowly I became a hardcore and saw you can make a living off it while have complete creative control. For that I attempted to make videos, just vlogs, but soont hey got boring and I changed things up by recording skits and bball vids.

Getting views was hard at the start. You wouldn't know it by looking at my channel now, but I used to struggle to get my videos to 100 views a week. I've stayed consistent and now it's a lot easier and I stress less aobut the views and more about the content :)

Reactions: Michael and Kath

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I tend to be a fairly antisocial person, and when I moved away for college for the first time this year, I immediately felt at a loss, and sort of panicked. I originally started vlogging because it was a place for me to vent. Not necessarily about anything bothering me, but it was a type of release. If you watch my oldest videos, they tend to not be as focused, or have as much conviction as they do now. It also wasn't that hard starting off, because I had my channel one month before I uploaded my first video, and I actually already had 40 subscribers, people who just liked comments I left on videos. I never had the experience of just taking a shot out of nothing, and I received fairly decent views right from the start. That's my experience. I look forward to hearing what others say!

Reactions: Michael

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It was and still is hard to get views. Youtube is so big now that i think you have to work extra hard and promote promote promote! Just be persistent. I think thats the key to youtube now.

Reactions: Michael and Kath

Kath

True Wub :wub:
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've been on youtube for 3 or 4 months now, but have been a musician since the age of 5 :p.....so I thought it was time to try and get myself out there. To be honest....not knowing any better, I thought it'd be easier to get views! But it's a lot of hard work :) I am happy with the amount of subs I have now...which is 204, but I am not happy with the amount of views I am getting!

Reactions: Michael and Wilad

Wilad

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hello,
I decided to make a youtube channel because I make music in my spare time anyways so I figured I'd get some of it out there. I think one reason getting views is tough is because when most people go to youtube they have a checklist of channels they check out and will only watch new stuff if it is recommended somehow.

Daniel Lambie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I found it hard to begin with too, but it really is all about the content! My channel is a music channel where I do metal versions of soundtracks from games. I've been on for about 2 years but only really got serious a few months back. Different people will always like different things, for example my Assassin's Creed cover has a substantially larger amount of views than anything else on the channel, which you could put down to all the hype surrounding the release of Assassin's Creed 3. I find making your videos a response to similar popular content helps get it out to a wider audience!

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think its all about dedication, releasing regularly, promoting regularly and not giving up, just keep releasing and going and improving and you will most likely get somewhere, usually hard work pays off :)

pekkyyy

I've Got It
Reaction score
The most important thing is to make interesting videos! Think of a great and original idea and you will become successful. It's really hard at start, but once people hear about you, the views won't be a problem anymore :)

Reactions: ScreamingMidgetUK