WARNING to amazon accosiates

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
If you have amazon product links on sites other than those approved (but not disclosed by amazon- secrett.. shsshh) expect to get your associates account deleted along with all your earnings Not paid as i did today.. even though they profited. Anyone think that amazon will have return their cut to the customer?? This is what they said in email:

Hello,

We currently accept only Facebook.com &quotFan Pages,&quot &quotVerified&quot Twitter.com pages and/or a YouTube &quotchannel&quot in the Associates program. All other social network sites are not eligible to add Associate links, or for use to create an Associates Account.

In reviewing your website, we noticed that the URL listed on your application is a social network website. However, your site is not an approved social network or established with enough unique content and followers yet. At this time, we are unable to approve your application and have closed the account under which you had been temporarily approved.

Thank you for your interest in Amazon.com Associates.

I had some product links on my youtube channel but also on Trinding, as do many. Thats the site they did not like being linked to my account. Rather than doing what any honest person would do and ask me to fix they instead delete my account. I wouldn't mind but email and checked my site lists with them prior. Oh and if anyone knows what &quotchannel&quot is please let me know.

Also they are talking outta their butts re Twitter. It is impossible to place a product link on twitter while observing their disclosure whereby you have to put a line of text which is far too long for twitter. It would fit in page descriptio but room for nothing else other than your page visitor repellant info you have just entered. doh.

Anyway. check where you have put your links etc.

Reactions: Scotty Byrd

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Thanks for sharing this. I simply don`t get these big companies. Instead of being happy because we bring them more money, they are pushing us more to the corner. They should be happy because you introduce Amazon to other platforms as well, and instead, they shut down your account, that is simply amazing.

Reactions: UhoohExtra

Illuminated Nerd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
You got a canned response that they use when they don't approve your amazon associates application. They're not actually complaining about the extra website you have, they're telling you that you're not a big enough Youtuber to be accepted into the full program. When you join the amazon associates program, you have 60 or 90 days (I believe) to "prove yourself" that you will make enough sales for them to bother approving you.

Re-read what they sent you...

In reviewing your website, we noticed that the URL listed on your application is a social network website.

Here they're saying that "this part is OK", and that your Youtube channel does qualify because it's one of their approved social networks. You're good in this regard, contrary to what you're assuming.

Now the next part...

However, your site is not an approved social network or established with enough unique content and followers yet. (The 2nd part is more likely your problem).

"You're too small of a Youtuber"
IMHO.

At this time, we are unable to approve your application and have closed the account under which you had been temporarily approved.

"Apply again when you're not so small, you failed your temporary trial."

I got the exact same email after making about $15 of commission (10 sales) in 90 days, and lost it all.

After googling a lot on the subject last month, I came to the conclusion that there's is a not-advertised "500+" sub requirement for them to approve you into the program. I was around 100'ish subs when they rejected me. I applied right when I started my channel of course, who wouldn't? Lesson learned anyhow :)

Wait until you're at 500+ subs then apply again. After 90 days, you should then have a decent enough amount of sales/commissions and be approved.

LivingWithTheGuzmans

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Wait until you're at 500+ subs then apply again. After 90 days said:
You need millions of subscribers I know youtubers that got kicked out and have 1.6 million subs and 260k subs. Don't waist your time with amazon.

Illuminated Nerd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yeah I believe that. Amazon is getting pickier with who they approve, because they can. Much like YouTube has increased their monetization requirements, because they can.

If you have a million subs and your content is not Amazon product friendly (maybe a vlog), then I could see that being rejected. You wouldn't get clicks unless you're reviewing products.

I'm applying again at 500 subs though (295 now), and will post my results. I do mainly tech related timelapses and reviews.

There's always sponsorship :)

LivingWithTheGuzmans

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yeah I believe that. Amazon is getting pickier with who they approve, because they can. Much like YouTube has increased their monetization requirements, because they can.

If you have a million subs and your content is not Amazon product friendly (maybe a vlog), then I could see that being rejected. You wouldn't get clicks unless you're reviewing products.

I'm applying again at 500 subs though (295 now), and will post my results. I do mainly tech related timelapses and reviews.

There's always sponsorship :)
Your going to get rejected! guaranteed Roberto blake was making a quarter of a million dollars in sale with amazon and got rejected. I does NOT have anything to do with vlogs.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
You got a canned response that they use when they don't approve your amazon associates application. They're not actually complaining about the extra website you have, they're telling you that you're not a big enough Youtuber to be accepted into the full program. When you join the amazon associates program, you have 60 or 90 days (I believe) to "prove yourself" that you will make enough sales for them to bother approving you.

Re-read what they sent you...

In reviewing your website, we noticed that the URL listed on your application is a social network website.

Here they're saying that "this part is OK", and that your Youtube channel does qualify because it's one of their approved social networks. You're good in this regard, contrary to what you're assuming.

Now the next part...

However, your site is not an approved social network or established with enough unique content and followers yet. (The 2nd part is more likely your problem).

"You're too small of a Youtuber"
IMHO.

Maybe you didn't read OP's full post? OP knows that YouTube wasn't the problem. The problems was with trinding.com (which is a spammyish link farm trying to pretend it's a social media platform, so I'm not surprised Amazon don't accept it as a viable source of traffic.)

"In reviewing your website, we noticed that the URL listed on your application is a social network website. However, your site is not an approved social network or established with enough unique content and followers yet. At this time, we are unable to approve your application and have closed the account under which you had been temporarily approved.

Thank you for your interest in Amazon.com Associates.

I had some product links on my youtube channel but also on Trinding, as do many. Thats the site they did not like being linked to my account."

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Well to update. I messaged amazon to ask 'hey why not just tell me to remove trinding?.. please restore account.. nothing wrong with my youtube site" They wrote back today and it's obvious its just someone that can't read and is just copy/pasting auto responses. They continue to say my youtube channel was not a channel.. Which it is. There are no rules for how big your site is that they disclose. I more than exceeded their minimum 3 required sales in the 3 months probation period.

I have high traffic on a couple of videos so have basically told amazon to GFTS (gratuitously forgo their service) and am using a different affiliate provider now. There loss. Well to be accurate.. their theft of my original sales.. and loss of any future ones.

Every damn time I need low value sub £1 purchase now I'm gonna make Amazon next day deliver it for free via my amazon prime agreemnt 'one-item-at-a-time' !

Last edited:

Scotty Byrd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
honestly i am amazon affiliate i legit made a dog twitter to post links for dog related products lol !! didn't make s**t lol anytime ive tried amazon associates no matter what niche something bad happens i'm currently killing it with jlist and doing decent with ebay !!

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
honestly i am amazon affiliate i legit made a dog twitter to post links for dog related products lol !! didn't make s**t lol anytime ive tried amazon associates no matter what niche something bad happens i'm currently killing it with jlist and doing decent with ebay !!
haha cool!. I actually getting even more views now I've removed the spammy amazon massive legal disclosure paragraph of non seo relevant text from my vid descriptions. Yeah I have just started to give ebay a try. Ebay /Paypal everyone can trust. What is jlist btw?