Want to change channel name... good or bad idea?

= Thunder -

Reaction score
Heya!

My channel name is - Thunder - and I'm considering changing it.

Why? Because every time I spell out my channel name I'm like "dash space Thunder space dash" and people get all confused, writing literally 'dash space Thunder space dash' and getting the name wrong. There has been a SINGLE person I've ever told it to who actually got it right, and I have the feeling my subscriber and view count is suffering from it.

The supposed new channel name: Infernal.

I have 22 subscribers.

Would this change of name be a good or bad idea? What would you suggest?

Thanks if you answer!

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You are at a level where you can do anything you want. It is only when you are established it becomes an issue. A minor one at that, since your old name still brings up your content. Want an example? Type in subaruwrxfan. He has changed his name to Matt Maran Motoring but the channel is still connected to the old subaruwrxfan!

likeups

Reaction score
Website
www.likesups.com
Channel Type
Musician
No. I will suggest you don't change the name of your channel. You must share a top quality of videos with eye-catching titles and descriptions. The hashtag should be relevant which helps to increase engagement Instantly & after some time you will see yourself with more viewers and subscribers.

AllVisuals4U

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Designer, Other
What about removing the dashes and add a number/letter to it (ThunderX for example)? So you keep about the same name and it's a little more unique, but it's less difficult to mention.
Also with 22 subscribers, you can't say too much about numbers suffering from it.

TheWealthProject

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would definitely remove the dashes and try to add something simple, maybe go for ThunderStruck, BigThunder, etc you get the idea. You want something that's easily recognizable by viewers and subscribers.