Wanna know how to get traffic to your videos?

TheMadTireShow

Buckeye, Arizona
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I got 820,000 views on a video (so far) with Reddit, you can't deny that it's perfect.
How did you get so many views with reddit? I tried reddit and got zero views. Yes I posted in the proper subreddit/youtube videos section..Maybe that's where I went wrong.

BreakTS

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I posted good content on there which got ignored for the most part. I will say I usually don't get much hate. I don't think I've ever seen a video from somebody doing vlogs on the front page. Its always stupid pics that aren't funny and news related things and sometimes gamers that make it to the front page. I made the front page on reddit posting an image making fun of christians. Wasn't original at all nor was it that funny, which is why people loved it.[DOUBLEPOST=1376266777,1376266680][/DOUBLEPOST]I will say reddit does indeed work wonders, IF, IF, IF............you can make the front page. Which isn't easy to do when you do vlogs. You will have a better chance making the front page posting some random unfunny pic.
I saw a guy make it to the front page with a vlog about the Trayvon Martin case, and it was interesting, informative, relevant, and decent quality.

You can't just do whatever you want. You have to make it relevant. Current news is really popular on Reddit. If something is a last weeks news, typically, nobody cares.

Reactions: uberdanger

TheLightSkinSmurf

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I saw a guy make it to the front page with a vlog about the Trayvon Martin case, and it was interesting, informative, relevant, and decent quality.

You can't just do whatever you want. You have to make it relevant. Current news is really popular on Reddit. If something is a last weeks news, typically, nobody cares.

Funny you said that because I made a TM video as well that got alot of good feedback for the most part but I never posted it to reddit. The last video I posted to reddit just yesterday got good feedback but not enough to make the front page.

ItsTurtleeTime

ItsTurtleeTime
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
google+ is very good add people who have added larger youtubers into their circles (youtubers in you niche) and then post on google+ every time you post a video!

Kate (Caitlin)

I make videos on the internet...I guess?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Ranter, Gamer, Commentator
Tumblr, its really really good if you use it often.

SlayZombi

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
Well this thread died. lol[DOUBLEPOST=1377460533,1377460469][/DOUBLEPOST]
google+ is very good add people who have added larger youtubers into their circles (youtubers in you niche) and then post on google+ every time you post a video!
Yo Fruity, what do you say to giving me a shoutout? :D

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Nice! I'm gonna check out that Facebook app... seems interesting and fun even if it doesn't help with my numbers :p

Reactions: SlayZombi