WAAAAAAA HELP!!!!!!

Lawlz

I has it :D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
HIYAAS duded and dudettes XD

Um ive read a lot of things on google about what monetisation of videos mean, but is till dont get it :( So it maybe a newbie question but what is monetisation? :) Would be happy if u guys can help meh out :D :D :D :D

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Monetisation is to make money off of something, the monetisation of videos is the making of money from videos.

skenkee

Mr. Blue
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
with monetize you allow youtube (google) to put ads on your video's. By using an adsense account you can earn money from the views & clicks.
You are only allowed to monetize video's you made yourself. So they cannot have copyrighted material in it like music or video footage you do not own the rights to.

If you are a partner with a network you will also use the monetize options to earn money. If you are a partner you will earn money from the views in CPM. So clicks on ads won't be payed anymore. CPM is cost per 1000 views. The higher the cpm the better. You will earn more money with a higher cpm.

Lawlz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Omg tnx a lot!!! But i wanna start a game channle and game footage is copyrighted soo should i just leave that monetisation till im a partner or...??? :D
with monetize you allow youtube (google) to put ads on your video's. By using an adsense account you can earn money from the views & clicks.
You are only allowed to monetize video's you made yourself. So they cannot have copyrighted material in it like music or video footage you do not own the rights to.

If you are a partner with a network you will also use the monetize options to earn money. If you are a partner you will earn money from the views in CPM. So clicks on ads won't be payed anymore. CPM is cost per 1000 views. The higher the cpm the better. You will earn more money with a higher cpm.

RayzorStudios

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you are looking to post game content start of as a regular youtuber and dont monetize any videos. Once you have established a good audience apply for partnership through a partner network (such as IGN or Machinima) as most of them have permission to monetize gaming videos. Hope this helps :)

skenkee

Mr. Blue
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Also for anyone reading this. If you enable Adsense it will slow down the partner when you want to partner to any network process will take 1-2 weeks longer.
I would just suggest ignore this step.

Lawlz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
And how about adds? I can only diable them on footage that is mine but if i disable it and footage isnt mine, would my account be banned? :D
If you are looking to post game content start of as a regular youtuber and dont monetize any videos. Once you have established a good audience apply for partnership through a partner network (such as IGN or Machinima) as most of them have permission to monetize gaming videos. Hope this helps :)

RayzorStudios

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
And how about adds? I can only diable them on footage that is mine but if i disable it and footage isnt mine, would my account be banned? :D
Wait until you are partnered with a network and contact them about using game footage. Then once you have the all go enable montization :)

Also for anyone reading this. If you enable Adsense it will slow down the partner when you want to partner to any network process will take 1-2 weeks longer.
I would just suggest ignore this step.
I have enabled monitazation on my account but have no videos monetized plus havnet linked an adsesne account yet. Will this affect anything?

Quillstuck

Reaction score
so how do you become a partner? does someone contact you? is there a certian criteria? right now I have all my videos monetized. also, will that effect a "partnering"?

skenkee

Mr. Blue
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have enabled monitazation on my account but have no videos monetized plus havnet linked an adsesne account yet. Will this affect anything?
No I was talking about adsense. In the end to become partner you will have to enable monetization. I think if you enable it before getting partner you will get the video thumbnail option which is awesome. Just don't enable ads until you are full partner.

so how do you become a partner? does someone contact you? is there a certian criteria? right now I have all my videos monetized. also, will that effect a "partnering"?
To become partner someone either will contact you or you can apply yourself if you think you meet the requirements. There are scouts on every network but it is possible they didn't see your channel so most of the time people apply themselves on a network.
If you have monetized all your video's it will not effect the partnership queue. If you have adsense enabled it will. Because when a network wants you to join them youtube needs to unlink your adsense account from your youtube which takes 1 maybe 2 weeks.

And almost always people who had Adsense enabled did not earned enough money to get the pay out.[DOUBLEPOST=1354434178,1354433886][/DOUBLEPOST]
when a video isn't yours you are not allowed to add ads on it. most of the time the video gets removed and you get a warning or a strike. It also happens that the owner allows you to keep the video and the video gets marked as matched third party content. When this happens you can keep your video but the owner gets the money from it. (Youtube will automatically put ads on the video)
Most of the time Partner networks want you to delete any of these video's that match third party content.

No your account will not be banned if you upload content that isn't yours but you might get a copyright strike which makes you unable to get partnered in the future on your account.