Voiceover

Chef Cotoletta

Reaction score
How do you record the voiceover?!
Maybe is so simple that I ve never seen it...

do you go freestyle? do you write it down and read it? do you do it in one shot? do you split it in many segment?

Sorry if it sounds silly, but is my major issue

For the low video and editing problems I already know the solution which is just be less lazy and use better software/hardware.

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I use a recording software, same as for recording guitar. But you can use any solid video editing software, most I know have the voice-over option.

I usually write my text down, use a decent mic' but not expensive, read out some takes (many are thrown away) and finetune a bit of the EQ so it sounds more crisp in the final product and doesn't sound like it's in the background with the background music.

Chef Cotoletta

Reaction score
I'm using just my phone. In my first video I just used the audio i ve taken. In the second i've edited it and... well it's totally a different thing..

The issue is.. if I go freeflow I'm sure I will run out of topic, if I read what I ve prepared... sounds just forced! Let's see other people how do they do, maybe there is even a third way

Thanks mate

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Well wait and read other replies, but perhaps there's a good balance between both. Read your text, they can be just phrases or words, and practice just a bit in your mind, and do a few takes out loud. Put the good ones together and make the video. Doesn't have to be one long take.

Egrag

Reaction score
I chose Voximplant because the IVR system is extremely important for any business, for integrating and managing business processes. The call can be conducted from your mobile or web app, it is worldwide, and there are no borders when you want to distribute the calls automatically. Due to the huge storage, you can always follow the history of all calls and clients' need while cooperating with your business. This app easy to use https://voximplant.com/

SWBAH

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've used the voiceover function of Adobe Premiere. Most of the time I keeps notes on the topics I want to talk about and then do it it freestyle. If I need to hit a very specific time I write it out though and read it.