Voice overs on instructional videos

RPR

Reaction score
I am creating another channel and I already have a few that are some what popular. Since the topics I will cover are a bit more controversial I'd like to change my voice so it viewers do not match with my other voices. I have a distinct ethnic voice, so it's not vanilla.

Are there any free programs I can use to change my voice while I record?

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yep! Audacity! Audacity is the best audio recording software and it is 100% free. I’m not sure if you can change it WHILE you record but you can record straight into the software and change your voice after recording from the same software. I’ve never tried changing my voice while recording but you might be able to find something by messing around with it

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

MijacOnAir

Reaction score
Hi RPR,
Normally you can find a way to add a new audio track within your editing software so, if you feel confortable with it, there is no use on installing extra software. For instance, in Premiere Pro is really easy to add a separate voice over track and the good thing is you save time since allows you to record it in real-time while playing your video back and you can tweak with it separately and add the filters and effects you want.

Besides, (and if you are OK on doing so) as BrettTaylorYT has said, Audacity is good enough to do it.

Cheers!