Voice Acting Voice actor, at your service!

GygaSHIFT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Seriously, I'll do anything. I have a really clear mic so yeah :)

Alrod360

Proud leader of VideoGameAddictz!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Animator
Do you have any samples of your work?

Alrod360

Proud leader of VideoGameAddictz!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Animator
I'm quite new to this to be honest, and I havent used my new mic in my latest videos so :/
Might want to make a portfolio then.

ProfKranc

Voice actor and Film-maker here to help :-D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
First step to getting voice acting work is make make a demo reel. This will demonstrate your range and what you can do. There are 2 different types of demo reels: Commercial and Character.

Commercial is basic formal reading that you would hear for commercial voice overs (e.g. trailers, product adverts, etc)
A character demo reel is, as you can guess, characters. Play different characters and display you acting skill.
You can make these specifically for the demo reel and/or you can take from previous work.
If you need help coming up with things to say for these demo reels, go to Reddit and find the forum /r/recordthis
On this reddit, they have written up different copies for people to try there demo reels. There are pretty good :)

Example: My character demo reel:

Once you have done this, it can greatly help getting voice over jobs.
If you are looking for more voice over opportunities in games, fandubs, cartoons and all sorts. I would suggest visiting the forums: The Voice Acting Alliance and The Voice Acting Club. They are brilliant places to get started in voice acting :)

I wish you the best of luck and if you have any further questions, please feel free to PM me :)

Reactions: Alrod360

GygaSHIFT

I've Got It
Reaction score
First step to getting voice acting work is make make a demo reel. This will demonstrate your range and what you can do. There are 2 different types of demo reels: Commercial and Character.

Commercial is basic formal reading that you would hear for commercial voice overs (e.g. trailers, product adverts, etc)
A character demo reel is, as you can guess, characters. Play different characters and display you acting skill.
You can make these specifically for the demo reel and/or you can take from previous work.
If you need help coming up with things to say for these demo reels, go to Reddit and find the forum /r/recordthis
On this reddit, they have written up different copies for people to try there demo reels. There are pretty good :)

Example: My character demo reel:

Once you have done this, it can greatly help getting voice over jobs.
If you are looking for more voice over opportunities in games, fandubs, cartoons and all sorts. I would suggest visiting the forums: The Voice Acting Alliance and The Voice Acting Club. They are brilliant places to get started in voice acting :)

I wish you the best of luck and if you have any further questions, please feel free to PM me :)
Hey, thanks for the advice man :)

Reactions: ProfKranc

essencecartoon

Laughter is food for the soul
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
We need voice actors if you are interested