Vlogging Struggles!

nickymontes

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I (Nick) recently started a vlogging channel with my girlfriend (Nichole), and all is going pretty well. We record everyday, but compile the week's footage and upload once a week, usually Wednesdays. But I'm at a standstill! My view count stopped growing, and the newest vlog doesn't seem to be doing so well when it comes to exposure.
So what I want to know is if anybody has any ways of finding an audience for channels like this. I know the audience already exists, as there are many fans of daily vlogs already, but how do I get them to find my own vlogs?
Views are not everything to me, and I will keep uploading even if there is nobody watching! The main point of these vlogs is for my girlfriend and I to be able to look back on our lives and relationship together. I think it is bringing us closer, and we are having loads of fun doing it. :)

But any advice would be greatly appreciated! The channel is http://www.youtube.com/girlnickboynick

and below is the latest vlog if you'd like to check it out. :) It starts a little slow this week, but I think it really gets a lot better, so stick in there! Haha thanks so much
-Nick

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
From what I've seen it's pretty difficult to find an audience for daily vloggers because it's such a niche market. But, everyone has moments where maybe their latest video doesn't do as well as their older ones. Just keep uploading and hopefully people will stumble across them :D I like your attitude about making videos even if that many people aren't watching, that's a good attitude to have :up:

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
My advice would be stop trying to be like ctfxc so much and be yourselves. If you two are yourselves in your Vlogs then people will enjoy them more. Also I'd cut out of so much of the randomness in your Vlogs a bit. Just think of it as would this be something I would watch. Use better tags and video titles, network with other youtubers as well. Remember the you in youtube meaning bring your personality to your videos and what you have to offer your viewers. Keep making videos and promoting them. And one last thing not many people will sit and watch a 15 minute Vlog since people have such short attention spans nowadays. But I'd start off making short videos not long ones until people say they want more. Reply to comments and I mean reply to every single one. Doing that will allow you to create a little community around your channel. Also it will show you care about your viewers more.

Reactions: L.G.

L.G.

God is Good! :D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer
My advice would be stop trying to be like ctfxc so much and be yourselves. If you two are yourselves in your Vlogs then people will enjoy them more. Also I'd cut out of so much of the randomness in your Vlogs a bit. Just think of it as would this be something I would watch. Use better tags and video titles, network with other youtubers as well. Remember the you in youtube meaning bring your personality to your videos and what you have to offer your viewers. Keep making videos and promoting them. And one last thing not many people will sit and watch a 15 minute Vlog since people have such short attention spans nowadays. But I'd start off making short videos not long ones until people say they want more. Reply to comments and I mean reply to every single one. Doing that will allow you to create a little community around your channel. Also it will show you care about your viewers more.
I agree...also be sure to make it as video responses to popular videos too...that may help with traffic!

nickymontes

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Thanks for the advice ^.^ Hmm I think that we have been acting a lot like ourselves in the vlogs, this is really how our personalities are! Haha but I do see what you mean about cutting out some randomness, I think I could definitely do that. I think the problem might be that we understand all the jokes because we were there, we might just have to do a better job explaining it to the viewers. Thanks for pointing that out :)[DOUBLEPOST=1344907245,1344906859][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh and I will definitely start replying to all of my comments as well! Starting with the ones I've already got ^.^ haha thanks again!