Vlogging Promotion

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What advice would you all have about promoting a Vlog channel? Because I'm Vlogging everyday for a whole year and I have not missed one day yet. But I was just wondering if anyone has any tips to go about doing so.

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think that people who vlog once a day get a lot of views simply from odds alone. Personally I'm too new to be of any help, but I'll be hanging around for when that someone with great tips drops by. :p

Reactions: Michael

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Best advice I can give you is strategic, well made video responses on bigger channels. If you can get to the point where you just have hundreds of response videos all over the place, you will get exposure, and if they're good, even better. I mean look at the reply girl, she watches videos and then just tells us what she watched. Not an opinion, no just tells you "I watched this video and this person was in it and this is what happened in it" And she has a very large channel and is very well known. Granted people hate her guts, but like I'm saying, she posted 100's of crappy 30 second video responses all over the site, and now she's a well known channel. If you've got real thought provoking and quality video responses by the hundreds floating on youtube, just think how much better you'll do than her!
--- merged: Mar 7, 2012 7:45 AM ---

Observation: You need to be more picky about what you post. Most people won't want to see you just walking around talking about what you're going to do that day. You need to consolidate into only the things you think are truly interesting, and make sure they would be interesting to people who don't know you. You do say some interesting stuff and I think you're a heck of alot more likeable than the reply girl haha, but still there's alot of mundane stuff in these videos. I would suggest editing them down and only keeping the most intriguing parts, (a new diet that's working for you, your editing tips, your thoughts on your hobbies, your opinions of other youtubers) and leaving out the mundane stuff (I just got done with my work out, now I'm going to make lunch etc...) Keep it so that it's interesting to people who don't know you, because you're giving valid opinions and observations about life. Leave out the daily routines and things that only people who know you would care about. Just some advice.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree with Symph there, content is always king when it comes to anything including videos and people watch and like good interesting content, to keep people watching you need to be doing or showing them something interesting to them, that could just be your personality, telling them a joke or ranting and having a laugh at the same time but talking about something specific is usually best like say you got a new phone you could show them it, take them through it and tell them what you like or dont like about it and those kinds of videos are far easier to give titles to and of course lead to being found through searches. I know if I was to watch your videos myself regularly I would want to see only the most important things about your day although I know that is quite hard on people, I know if I was to record my life people would switch off right away, my life isnt amazing every day and I know I wouldnt have anything really good to talk about too lol but if I stuck to only showing the best moments or talking about something interesting each time then people could enjoy it.

Your niche is very hard to promote in terms of getting the word out there too but if you do what Symph has said I believe you can promote your videos well like on here, Facebook and on YouTube etc Good luck man :)

Reactions: JostenVlogs

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
I agree with Symph there, content is always king when it comes to anything including videos and people watch and like good interesting content, to keep people watching you need to be doing or showing them something interesting to them, that could just be your personality, telling them a joke or ranting and having a laugh at the same time but talking about something specific is usually best like say you got a new phone you could show them it, take them through it and tell them what you like or dont like about it and those kinds of videos are far easier to give titles to and of course lead to being found through searches. I know if I was to watch your videos myself regularly I would want to see only the most important things about your day although I know that is quite hard on people, I know if I was to record my life people would switch off right away, my life isnt amazing every day and I know I wouldnt have anything really good to talk about too lol but if I stuck to only showing the best moments or talking about something interesting each time then people could enjoy it.

Your niche is very hard to promote in terms of getting the word out there too but if you do what Symph has said I believe you can promote your videos well like on here, Facebook and on YouTube etc Good luck man :)
Yeah that's another good point, finding a common theme. You were pretty all over the place in the video I watched, people need to remember the videos as having a specific subject to clearly categorize and know what they are watching. Yep, you'll get it poppin

JostenVlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks for the help everyone. Youtube changed the algorithm in regards to reply videos so reply videos will not show up in the related category of popular videos anymore.

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
Thanks for the help everyone. Youtube changed the algorithm in regards to reply videos so reply videos will not show up in the related category of popular videos anymore.
I don't get what you mean. I have reply videos up right now that are thumbnailed above the comments, isn't that how it's always been?

JostenVlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't get what you mean. I have reply videos up right now that are thumbnailed above the comments, isn't that how it's always been?
Yogscast banned thereply girl from their forum and they told their community to take action about her leeching views, stealing titles and tags from videos. When she did not even watch the videos. But if you were to go to a popular video you would see in the (Related videos) reply videos from those girls who ***** themselves out showing their cleavage in the video and whoever else. So supposedly people who make reply videos will not get found as easily, since youtube is changing the algorithm in regards to that.

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
Yogscast banned thereply girl from their forum and they told their community to take action about her leeching views, stealing titles and tags from videos. When she did not even watch the videos. But if you were to go to a popular video you would see in the (Related videos) reply videos from those girls who ***** themselves out showing their cleavage in the video and whoever else. So supposedly people who make reply videos will not get found as easily, since youtube is changing the algorithm in regards to that.
Oh so they haven't done it yet but it's in the works? Well.... that's like my whole gameplan right now, this is not good... That reply girl is like a natural disaster in human form, she leaves destruction in her wake wherever she goes... and she's just a troll LMAO...

Reactions: Voice of Vanessa

JostenVlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Oh so they haven't done it yet but it's in the works? Well.... that's like my whole gameplan right now, this is not good... That reply girl is like a natural disaster in human form, she leaves destruction in her wake wherever she goes... and she's just a troll LMAO...
I agree with you about that lol her being a troll. One thing that was bad was when one of the top youtubers even said something about the reply girls.