Vlogging Camera

Toni Bee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi! So I've been vlogging with a Sony NEX5 but I cannot use that camera anymore. So I wanted to get a new camera for vlogging thats no more than $300. I've been looking at the Canon powershot N2 but I wont be able to get it for a while and there's not much on the market (except for ebay but I don't know about buying it from ebay).

I have been doing research but I would love to get some recommendations from you all on cameras in my price range with a screen that flips so I can see myself. Thanks!

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I would highly recommend buying from ebay. A lot of sellers provide satisfaction guarentee with free returns. It's a good way to test the product, get it at a low price, and get peace of mind. Just make sure you buy from more reputed sellers.

Toni Bee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would highly recommend buying from ebay. A lot of sellers provide satisfaction guarentee with free returns. It's a good way to test the product, get it at a low price, and get peace of mind. Just make sure you buy from more reputed sellers.
Ok cool thanks for the reassurance, I used to always shop on ebay but then I got amazon prime so it feels iffy going back haha

Reactions: Kush Patel

FrankDoorhof

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer, Other
Maybe try a secondhand market place ?
eBay would be great but also think about photography stores they often have demo or used cameras.

Or ask a local photoclub. Or maybe social media.

Reactions: Toni Bee

Feathers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I was actually thinking of getting a Sony NEX 5R so can I ask why you say you can't use your 5 anymore? D:

Sven Vee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think if you look in the right places you can find a G7X Mark I now, since the newer model came out a while ago. The G7X is a great vlogging camera, have used it myself (check oiut my Slovakia vlogs for a demo) and I was very pleased with it. ^^ Normally I use a DSLR to vlog&shoot tho haha

Toni Bee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was actually thinking of getting a Sony NEX 5R so can I ask why you say you can't use your 5 anymore? D:
Oh it's a great camera but its actually our family photo camera, we've had it for years but for some reason my parents bought it with a heavy zoom lens so it's a bit heavy to vlog with and a wide lens costs almost as much as a new camera. So I figured I'd get myself a vlogging camera and give my parents back their camera haha.[DOUBLEPOST=1488162758,1488162619][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think if you look in the right places you can find a G7X Mark I now, since the newer model came out a while ago. The G7X is a great vlogging camera, have used it myself (check oiut my Slovakia vlogs for a demo) and I was very pleased with it. ^^ Normally I use a DSLR to vlog&shoot tho haha
Yeah everyones been talking about the Mark II but I never thought about looking at the Mark I haha thanks!

sipilatommi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I started my vlogging career with the Olympus PEN E-PL6. I think they are currently on E-PL8 now, so you can probably find a decent deal on a 6 or 7 (I think mine was 399e a year ago when I got it). The kit lens is a good start, it has a flip-out screen and the built-in audio is acceptable. Also, any lenses you might get for it can be used with other MFT cameras too. Main flaw is that it's hard to get better audio (picks up surrounding sounds and wind) without using a recorder or upgrading the camera body.

Boseen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
At the moment I'm using a handy cam from Sony. The quality is decent enough and it costs around 200 euros. So it would definitely fall in your budget. For me it works fine right now, although I do want to upgrade in time :)