Join the largest paid sponsorship network. Join at YTtalk.com
Those are great tips!This is to help everyone learn how to vlog and these tips were put together by both myself and Stefan.
1. Most importantly, keep the video to the point, edit out any of the long rambling that most of us do and if you make any mistakes you can always edit them out at the end. Remember that content is king and this applies to every video you make, do your best and reap the rewards.
2. If you do vlogs about your daily life, do your best to show us the most interesting parts of your day rather than everything you do. Take the time to make sure you know what you're going to talk about and give us as much information as you can about the subject you're vlogging about.
3. Make sure you look at the camera and not the ticking clock on the wall. Fall in love with the imaginary person behind the camera and let your true personality shine in your vlogs. If you are having troubles with being used to being on camera practice regularly until you are comfortable even if it takes a few weeks.
4. Prepare what you are going to be talking about before hitting record, you could opt to write a script or find it handy to have some notes so you can remember everything you are going to be talking about. Make sure to prepare your recording equipment such as your lighting and make sure that battery on your camera is fully charged, it can be helpful to carry fully charged spares when recording outdoors. Another tip would be to prepare yourself, gather your thoughts on everything you're going to be talking about or piece them together as you record if necessary.
5. Test the lighting where you'll be vlogging before you record, if the lighting isnt good, add more light or just move somewhere lighting is more suitable.
6. Buy yourself a good quality vlogging camera, these can be fairly priced and small enough to fit right in your pocket so you can take it out right when you need it.
7. Be yourself, most people gravitate to genuine people and watching someone who is comfortable is easier to watch than someone who isnt being genuine or who isnt relaxed/being themselves.
8. Always vlog about something that you are interested in, if you aren't choosing a specific category this wont apply to you, but you could try to talk about something interesting each time. , For example you may do a vlog about cars on a regular basis if you are into them or cooking, sticking to a subject can make things easier for you.
9. Keep up a good energy, there is nothing worse than watching a vlog where the person recording it is looking tired or lifeless or uninterested in what they are saying.
10. Keep in mind that everyone messes up and you can always re-record if you dont like your first recording.