Vlog or not to vlog?

KillerQuilt

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm small dilema about something. One famous channel in my region has 120 000 subs. And that channel is project by one famous journalist, and it contains videos by many famous youtubers in my county. Just recently one guy with 3500 subs got accepted in that network and he made amazing progress with his youtube channel in small time. I'm at the point where I need to decide some things about my channel: do it seriusly or give up. Record personal vlog stuff or not. Apply for that channel or not? I don't know what to say to 120 000 people, and should I even apply? Would you do it in my place? Problem is: I don't wanna talk about personal stuff and I'm at the point where it can affect my job/business live. Maybe one day if I will make living out of YT, then I would talk about everything, but not at this point where I earn money for coffee, pizza and beer. Another problem is that I'm really "wierd" and I don't know how people would react on that .. but I'm sure I don't wanna get personal with stuff in my life. If I even apply I can talk about music/movies and stuff like that. So .. would you do it or not? PS. I have gaming channel, so.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the Strategy / Technique Advice forum. ^_^

Zerodecoole

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
caesar.wtf
Channel Type
Other
If you don't want to talk about personal stuff you should probably not do it, especially if it might affect your job.

However, if you really want to do it then you should totally go for it and if you don't want to talk about personal stuff then that's completely fine because there are no rules that say that you have to talk about personal stuff in your videos.

Also, there's nothing wrong with being weird. Just be yourself!

Reactions: Kristeen

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I think it's a matter of weighing the pros and cons on this one, because it's totally possible to grow a channel without having to do vlog-type content. Personally, since you mentioned it could affect your personal life and you don't really think you have anything interesting to talk about, I'd suggest not doing it. Perhaps if your situation has changed, then you can reconsider it. But for now, maybe you need to play to your strengths and don't pursue anything that causes you anxiety.

Reactions: Zerodecoole

SinLeviathan

Reaction score
I personally think that people should only do daily vlogs if their life has an interesting factor to it. Vlogs of the average Joe just arent popular.

KillerQuilt

Reaction score
I personally think that people should only do daily vlogs if their life has an interesting factor to it. Vlogs of the average Joe just arent popular.
Well, I can talk about some intimate things, but really: job life will suck then, so .. I think that I'm one of the people who can say a lot to the world, but I don't know if it's smart to do that. A lot of my friends told me that I should vlog about my life, couse I have experience with suicide, depression, cancer and stuff. A lot of bad things actually.