evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi all,

My first post here, I'm still very new to youtube just over 2 weeks and only up to 11 subs (still a long way to go haha). My currently most sucessful video is up to about 350 views over the last few days which is great and i'm pleased with, but this doesn't seem to be translating into many subscribers.

So, I was wondering very roughly how many views people would expect before getting a sub, my logic being if im getting loads of views but no subs then the video content likly needs improvement.

Thanks

Oscar J Stones

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Cartoonist, Animator, Other
For me it's VERY random, my first video has 2000 + views and I'm only up to 41 subscribers (even though I haven't uploaded in a couple of months), my sub count still seems to occasionally grow from this video alone. So I wouldn't say your sub/ view ratio was that bad. Unless mine's really bad I suppose, which is always a possibility.

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the feedback

Good to know that it can take quite a few views to get a subscriber, just a bit worried that im not taking advantage of a good number of views

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
There's no answer but as a channel gets bigger the ratio gets further apart as videos are in the system and being seen more.

Wreckless Eating

YouTube Space LA Alumni
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
There's no correct number or ratio. What I have learned is that people are more likely to subscribe if your video ends up on the front page of YouTube rather than by search or suggested video. The best you can do is make compelling content and make sure to remind the viewers in your video to subscribe. Sometimes viewers just need a little push.

Reactions: babyteeth4

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Every channel is different, mine seems to fall into a 60 to 1 ratio.

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah i've given up trying to predict it now haha, viewers slowed down a little over the last couple of days but gained 6 subs so i just don't get it lol shall just focus on the videso :)

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Mine isnt too great. Was real low at the start and has slowly risen in the time since.